Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

FS: 396 Solid Roller

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 12:25 PM

FS: 396 Solid Roller

I am posting this to see how much interest there is in my 396. I am looking to sell the motor because I will be taking a job next month in DC and I will not have room for my car.

The short block was originally built at Nu-tek motorsports. The short block rotating assembly is comprised of a Callies Racemaster cranshaft (3.875 stroke), Eagle H-beam rods (6in), JE custom pistons, Callies 4 bolt main splayed caps, cloyes timing chain as well as a canton oil pan. The shortblock was taken apart at 2500 miles to be freshened up at Harden Motorsports. Upon inspection of the motor there were two pistons that had small cracks in them. So they were replaced with JE/SRP pistons. These pistons are the same weight and CC as the other pistons so there will be no problem. New bearings were replaced at the same time also.

The top end is all new and just assembled. The heads are LT-1 castings that have about 50 hours of porting and a new valvejob The valvetrain consists of Comp 977 springs, ti retainers, hi-teck pushrods, promag 1.52 rockerarms, 10 locks, guideplates, ARP 7/16 rocker studs, ARP head bolts, crane 11552 lifters (these are their good ones) and the camshaft is a camotions custom grind for this specific motor.

The intake is an LT-1 intake that has been opened up for a 58mm TB and gasket matched to the heads.

I would like to sell the motor complete and will include the computer. The computer has been programed for this motor but will need to be dyno tuned. I would be asking $6000 for the complete motor. I am willing to ship the engine as long as the buyer pays for it. I hate to part with it after all of the time that has been spent on this project. For those of you who know Jason Short, he has helped me build this motor and can answer any question you may have.

Last edited by Andrew Coats; 06-24-2005 at 12:42 PM.