Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Finally bought a house!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 06:21 PM

Finally bought a house!!!!

This house shopping has been driving me nuts. We put a bid in on one and the people came back with a counter offer. I said no. I week went by and the agent called us to see if we where still interested. So I made the same offer I did the first time and the people took it. It is in Langhorne, PA right up the street from me now. In Laurel Oaks. It is 2684 sqft., Full basement, garage, deck, big corner lot, Brick front. We settle on the 29th. Tomorrow is my b-day and this mouth is going to be great. Theses inspection you have to get are driving me crazy. So much stuff to do so little time. Got a great interest rate too 5.25% fixed. Sorry guys just really excited and scared too.
Johnny T
Old 11-04-2004, 07:16 AM

Re: Finally bought a house!!!!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

I can relate to your excitement - I bought my first house in June. It's a wonderful feeling to own something. Best of luck with it!

Old 11-04-2004, 04:29 PM

Congrats John! sounds like a sweet place.... Owning a house is alot of work and money, but its worth every penny and squeeky hinge. So when do I get to see the garage?

I only wish I had a house that big. My rancher with no basement is just a pain. its only 1400 sqft. even with an additional 720sqft garage out back Liz and I have just run out of room. We will be house shopping in another 5 years or so...

BTW, great rate. I refinanced about a year ago and got in at 5.25% with no points. It helped cut my bill down to almost $300 a month.

Last edited by Projectz28; 11-04-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:06 PM

Thanks Jackie and Bri,

I know it alot of work, But for all the work that it took to find a place. That was work. I lost count of how many houses we went throw. We where going to start out with just a rancher, but then we got thinking we would just grow out of it too quick. And I figuared I better just get what my wife wants now cause if I didn't I would just be ripping out walls and building it to the way she wants it. Bri don't worry you will be seeing the garage soon. It has a two car garage, but honestly you probably could fit 3 cars in there. I already warned her that is my room. I will sleep, eat, and get showered in there if I have too. The 35th ss snap-on box, the ss and my harley are all going to fit fine in there. I hit the interest rate right on the low. I got it from priceline.com, 5.25% with no points. I just had to come up with 20% down which we had and it was not even a jumbo loan. I have so many plans in the works. I will be having a party soon. I will try to get some pics to post. Thanks again guys, Johnny

P.S. yes yesterday was my b-day and yes last night I got pretty messed up at my uncles bar. Work was hard today, but thank god its friday.