Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Final Fall Fling Oct 14th...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM

Wink

Alright,sounds good !!! If everyone brings something from that list we'll be in good shape .I ahve a cooler I can fill with ice & bring some chips,onions,& I'll try to pick up some water,too. Do you have any idea around how many people you're expecting ?
But Ron....about the tires.....I wish I wouldn've know sooner as a nice pair MT ET drag radials came down the belt this morning during the van load operation for the Langhorne Speed Shop...maybe I could've snagged them for you...LOL..Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday
P.S. If my boss happens to see this...just kidding boss !
Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 AM

Someone else on another baord is bring a few cases of water.

Tires... no biggie. It will determine how much of a burnout I will do. Bahahhahahhaha

Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 AM

I will bring a case or 2 of soda, some chips and snacks too. Maybe some hamburgers?

Nick
Old 10-12-2007, 03:23 PM

Ron,here's what I've got so far,1 case of water,2 cases of Coke,4 bags of chips,& I'll be bringing at least one cooler filled with ice,2 if can get my hands on a 2nd one,& my wife is going to make some macaroni salad.We probably won't be able to get there till around noon though
Old 10-12-2007, 07:14 PM

Noon is good!!!!

Wow... I think we be set on the beverages.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by 97TransAm
Noon is good!!!!

Wow... I think we be set on the beverages.
Yeah,now I just hope there are rest rooms close by !!!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:26 PM

I'm coming.

I have a cooler containing, 1/2 a tunafish sandwich, bag of chips, pack of ring dings, and a diet pepsi.

I'M READY TO PARTY!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:39 PM

Not sure if I am going to make it guys... I just dont feel good right now. Not sure what my poblem is.

Got off the plane last night and I had a motion sickness feeling. I get motion sickness easily on planes and boats. (almost threw up on the small plane from Peoria to Chicago)

I still have that dizzy, floating feeling in my head. Had it ever since I got off the plane. Not really sure what it is honestly but I don't like it. If I am still feeling like this tomorrow I don't think I am going to make the 1.5 hr car drive... I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pampered-Z
I'm coming.

I have a cooler containing, 1/2 a tunafish sandwich, bag of chips, pack of ring dings, and a diet pepsi.

I'M READY TO PARTY!
What is your ETA at my house? So I can have the coffee ready...
Old 10-13-2007, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
Not sure if I am going to make it guys... I'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Bummer, mod-father.
I guess I will have to mail you my xmas gift instead of handing it to you. Damn, postage.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 PM

OK, just came back from Shop Rite, this is what I'm bringin:

2 cases A&W Root Beer
20 pack of hamburgers, and buns
Cheeto's, Cool Ranch Dorito's and Pretzels
napkins and paper plates, trash bags.

See you all there!

Nick
Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 AM

10/14/2007 Weather
12pm - 62°F
3pm - 66°F

Its not rocket science but figured I'd map it out for people going from Regal Warrington Thearter.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&t=h&z=17&om=1

About 8-9 cars are expected to show up and convoy. I am leaving at 11:25am, and encouraging everyone to do the legal speed limit and not doing anything stupid along the way. Hopefully others respect that and will do the same, if not, group up and go on your own. But also, if we get a light and half get through and half don't, I say keep on going cause there aren't too many places to pull over onto the side of the road on these roads. So if you don't know the area too well, ask to follow someone who knows the area real well like myself. Else it should be short and simple.

Last edited by greatsave9; 10-14-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:33 AM

Hubba hubba, today's the day, bubba!!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 AM

D@m, there's no clouds in the sky today. We're all gonna get sunburned!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:51 PM

To all,

Thank you all soooo much for making this event an event once again. Please do not lose sight that it is absolutely nothing without you all showing up. I was hoping, then grateful and then finally blown away with the turnout. When I did a walk through at the "height" of the event, I counted fifty-five (55) vehicles. Already at that point some had slipped off. But the official count by me is at 55. Damn. I was hoping to touch 40. Thanks to all of you, it was an awesome turnout.

Thanks goes out to those of you that brought "stuff". We had sent out my daughter Jessica for more hot dogs... and with some packs that someone brought, The Carol served up over 120. We are both happy that you all ate and we didn't have to cart too much crap back home. We both appreciate those that brought the waters, ice and coolers. There was only half a case of water left and some diet coke.

In all honesty, I was surprised by the cake. Thanks for the moment to "sing" (You all collectively suck) Happy Birthday. Major thanks to Pampered-z's wife Sue for the cake. I think she got the idea from a photo off my website that is also published in a firebird book. I really don't think I am aggressive driver... everyone else drives too slow. Bahahhahahaha. But it wasn't about me, it was all about you people.

The Park Ranger finally showed up at 4:20ish. He came in and exited out of the same entrance, and thus never saw the road. Bahahahhahhahhaha.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing this for you all, and will do so again next year for you. And yeah, I let myself to be persuaded to do a burnout.... (Liz)... but I enjoy more watching you all carrying on.

Thanks for the conversations. Thanks for the sight and burning rubber smells. Thanks to all for coming out.

warmly,
ron and "The Carol"

Quick Reply: Final Fall Fling Oct 14th...