Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Back from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 10:22 PM

Back from Canada

Hey everyone... just got back home last night from Canada. Liz and I went up to Quebec City with her family for 6 days. A bunch of her parents friends and their families went also... wow is it fun up there! Went to a tubing park that was just huge... it was like sliding down Camelback mountain on inertubes! We went sking at Mount St. Anne for a day... its about 45 min north of Quebec. T
Talk about a big mountain... 6 hrs and we only got in 5 runs. 20 min ride to the top and 30 min to get back down. I was told its the 2nd largest mountain on on eastern north america. Vertical drop is over 1700 meters. In feet I think thats close to a mile in height. Tempature at the bottom was -12*C... at the top it was easily -25 or so. But we bundled up enough, and with the workout you get comming down you get hot really quick!

The best part was probably the day we rented snow mobiles. We had a group of 23. Liz was on the back and I drove. We had 2 guides for a 20 mile trek thru the mountains in 4 feet of snow. Stopped at a resturant on the side of a road for hot chocolate and some snacks, then bundled up and headed back. The funny thing was that we were on brand new Ski Doo's. Ours had 0.2 miles on it when we started. They forgot to fuel it up cause 1 mile back into the woods, Liz and I ran out of gas on the trail. The lead giude went for fuel back at the rtesturant we had just eaten at and the other guide took most of the others back. 2 others stopped and waited with us for him to get back with fuel. Filled it up and got it running. By this time it was dark out. This was actually better cause you can see other snow mobiles comming at you around corners. So we FLEW back to the base. Talk about a fun ride. Liz had a hard time holding on at 60 mph!!! I think I found a new sport! I want a snow mobile of my own now. Too bad theres not much snow around here.

The city of Quebec is just awsome. If you didnt know any better you would think you were in France. The hardest part was reading the menu's at resturants.. some of them were only in French!. Spent New years eve in the Frontinac hotel. Sipped on some booze and danced to the music. Its a great time up there. If anyone has a chance to go, I would highly recommend it. There is just so much to do and so much history in that city. I really hope we can go back. The best part is that the exchange rate from american money in Canada was 1.53. Yeah shopping is fun when you can buy stuff there forn dirt cheap. I bought my brother the new kenneth cole cologne for $55 here at christmas. bought it up there for myself for $52 CND. That works out to about $34 in US $. Just an example of what you can get for your money in Canada!

Now I just have to think about my next vacation.... hmmmmm.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:46 AM

Re: Back from Canada

Originally posted by Projectz28

I think I found a new sport! I want a snow mobile of my own now. Too bad theres not much snow around here.
I can see you on a snowmoile running in the bike class

HEY, if you put your LT1 engine in the skidoo you can go faster than 12.0 without a cage see there's always ways around the rules.

Last edited by kazman; 01-03-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:33 PM

well brian it sounds like you had a great time there!

i'm looking forward to maybe going skiing for the first time this winter.me and the girl i'm seeing want to go to the pocono's.

i will check out the snowmobiles too!

eric
Old 01-04-2003, 12:21 AM

ooh, snowmobiling is fun, but running 12's on a snowmobile at etown must be more fun, lol.

same with thing seadoo's, they are great, jetskiis are fun, but not enough times we can go.

went to quebec city a few years back, in the summer time, the city is just amazing, much history, as you said, but also, the party on the streets, in the old part of town, starts at midnight, and food is amazing, and jsut a nice friendly enviroment.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:50 AM

Yeah the city is great. We didnt really party too much, by night time after we had finished dinner we were all pretty pooped. Only 2 night we sat at the bar in the hotel for a few drinks before bed.

Of all the "toys" I've been on.... jet ski's, quad's, ect... the snow mobile was without a doubt the most fun I have had. Dont know why exactly but I just had a blast. Taking one to e-town... hmmmm. I'm sure if I ever get one I will have to go atleast just once to see how it does. 12's with nothing but a piece of foam and some plastic between my head and the track sounds like fun!
Old 01-07-2003, 12:00 AM

at least you are closer to the ground then the crotch rocket mobiles. =)
Old 01-13-2003, 06:52 PM

I loved Quebec City. I went a couple of years ago when they had a music festival around the 4th of July.

Montreal is next.