Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

atco race in berlin, nj

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 01:03 PM

atco race in berlin, nj

Atoc raceway in Berlin, NJ is close to me. I have gone a few times on Friday night for the test and tune.

Can someone explain to me what is the difference between "Street and Grudge Race/Gamblers race" on Tuesdays and "Street and Grudge Race/Open to all cars" on Thursdays?

I also would like an explanation of bracket racing? What is that?

Finally, the last one i heard was somebody say they were in a "Heads up" race? What is that?

thanks!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:25 PM

Their schedule is actually Street cars & Gambler's race on Tuesday nights, muffled street cars & motorcycles on Thursday nights, street racing - open to all vehicles on Friday nights, Bracket point series on Saturday and motorcycle, test & tune and jr dragster brackets on Sunday.

Tuesday night is for people to make runs on their street cars. Some run no times (n/t on the window) and some just run to see what their cars run. There are also bracket guys (and gals) that run the gambler's race on Tuesday nights. It's a bracket race and anyone can enter - even the street cars.

Thursday night is open to motorcycles and cars with mufflers only and motorcycles. There are some bracket cars with mufflers that do not sound like they have mufflers.

Friday is basically open to anyone. Some of the bracket guys bring their cars down to figure things out for Saturday's points race and of course there are just plain street cars.

Bracket racing is when you put a dial in on your window before racing. You can read about it in detail by clicking this link.

Heads up racing is when both cars start at the same time and there are no dial ins. What the pro's do on T.V.

I think that answers all of your questions!

Old 07-09-2003, 09:49 AM

thanks, this is helpful. How do you do the bracket on Tuesday, when i get there, just tell them i want to race - is it more than the $12 for test and tune?

pics look good, hope to see you down there!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by CHRISCAMARO
thanks, this is helpful. How do you do the bracket on Tuesday, when i get there, just tell them i want to race - is it more than the $12 for test and tune?

pics look good, hope to see you down there!
Unfortunately, my car won't be ready until the end of this season and I am going to try to make as many Tuesday nights as I can to figure the car out. If you go down on Saturday's you'll see me hanging out with my dad and boyfriend though.

When you pull up to the gate just tell them you want to run the gambler's race.

I *think* it is $35.00 to run the gambler's race on Tuesday nights. It's a great night to talk to some experienced drivers and learn about all the ins and outs of bracket racing. Almost everyone down there running in the Tuesday night gambler's race is more than happy to share what they know.