Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Any word on the F-body Nats at E-town???

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:29 PM

Question Any word on the F-body Nats at E-town???

...picking up off another thread...

Anyone know what's happening about the F-Body Nats scheduled for August 16th at Englishtown? Been mentioned that Tim isn't involved and that would be a bummer....

Was hoping to meet up with "everyone" like GEES97TA and see if blows the engine before he rebuilds it during the winter. Actually wanted to see him get some better runs in than his last time at the track.

Anywho's... any info on the F-Body event would be appreciated
--ron
Old 08-07-2003, 09:58 AM

Formula is already on the trailer, short block is assembled sitting at RapidMotorSports, heads are at Ray Barton, trans in in my garage with a pile of other parts. Maybe next year.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:24 AM

got the inside scoop on the Nat's for u guys...Tim lives about 10 minutes away from me and i'm usually over there quite a bit...Tim called E-town a number of times to let them know he's not gonna be involved in the event this year due to lack of cooperation from many of the vendors and the track management themselves...Dave Knapp hasn't returned any of his phone calls, emails, ect....it doesn't seem like the track is doing anything to promote the event...Tim basically got fed up with the lack of response and will not even be around for the even this year...he recently talked to ATCO about hosting the event next year and they're very interested and seem to be cooperating...so the Nat's still remains on E-towns schedule...i'll probably call and ask if they still plan to run the event...im sure if enough cars show up to fill the Radial and Slick tire brackets they'll hafta do something for us...i'll try and keep u guys updated...even though its not gonna be as big as it was suppossed to be who still plans on attending?

later guys
Old 08-07-2003, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by RedHotTA
got the inside scoop on the Nat's for u guys...Tim lives about 10 minutes away from me and i'm usually over there quite a bit...Tim called E-town a number of times to let them know he's not gonna be involved in the event this year due to lack of cooperation from many of the vendors and the track management themselves...Dave Knapp hasn't returned any of his phone calls, emails, ect....it doesn't seem like the track is doing anything to promote the event...Tim basically got fed up with the lack of response and will not even be around for the even this year...he recently talked to ATCO about hosting the event next year and they're very interested and seem to be cooperating...so the Nat's still remains on E-towns schedule...i'll probably call and ask if they still plan to run the event...im sure if enough cars show up to fill the Radial and Slick tire brackets they'll hafta do something for us...i'll try and keep u guys updated...even though its not gonna be as big as it was suppossed to be who still plans on attending?

later guys
wud up randy yo i got some pics of my car on my website check it out...we gotta meet up over at marrazzo's some time soon so you can see my new ride oh also im gonna need your expertise on installing the slp line lock kit.

lata
Bill
Old 08-07-2003, 01:49 PM

Hey Ron , I did run the car after they did the ignition, it ran pretty good in the 12's with a 2.3 60ft I just have a BAD feeling my motor is going to grenade soon dont know why, it runs great. Just dont have alot of confidence in the( hypereutectic )carp pistions....Plus i want a 383 STROKER ANYWAY'S I hope to see you ....
Old 08-07-2003, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by RedHotTA
...i'll probably call and ask if they still plan to run the event...im sure if enough cars show up to fill the Radial and Slick tire brackets they'll hafta do something for us...i'll try and keep u guys updated...even though its not gonna be as big as it was suppossed to be who still plans on attending?

later guys

Thanks for the update.

Tim had ran a dang good show last year. Dang shame a good thing has to come to an end. It won't be the same without the NJspeeder running the show. I'll see how things pan out to see if it's going to be worth the effort to skip out on the wife side family reunion again or not. If the event is going to be a dude, I'd rather be a good boy and do the reunion thing and suck the beers all day.

Hey Gerard, if ya blow up the engine, better make sure there's a trailer around to help ya get back home. That would suck if you get stuck at the track. I'll send you an email if this F-body Nats thing is going to be a decent event or a bust as to whether I'm going or not. I will be to the track on Sept 20th. I'll keep you posted.

--ron
Old 08-07-2003, 11:04 PM

Thanks Ron, keep me posted...As for a trailer i might just be a on looker, i want to save the parts i need for the new motor i dont want to buy everthing new but i will come and watch or run i dont know depends on the weather and my mood see ya soon.....
Old 08-08-2003, 04:38 PM

Bill no problem man, gimme a call sometime, i wanna see the ride...the line lock install is really straight forward, bleeding the brakes is prolly the hardest part lol...later man
Old 08-09-2003, 08:12 PM

Hey guys, what's up with Tim in general? Our fearless TBI guy hasnt been on thirdgen.org in a long time. Just curious whats up.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:45 PM

hes a mod at thirdgen but from what i understand some of the supermods would oversee a bunch of things hed do and go against his wishes...so hes pretty much dissappeared off of the board...also considering his car isnt running so he has no new news of his own...that in conjunction with the nats not going his way means he has no reason to float around on the boards...bottom line is he has other/better things to do with his time then to be hastled one way or the other.

lata
Bill
Old 08-15-2003, 08:38 AM

Well since Tim isn't running the show and therefore it's up in the air what's going to "happen", if anything, at the E-town tomorrow, I've decided to skip it and not use up any "favors" with the wife and attend her family side reunion. I'll wait until Sept for a Trophy Marathon Day or SLP Day in October.

Oh well.

For those of you that see Tim, tell him I said "Hi..."

Thanks,
ron