as is:
385ci 11:1cr
ported heads and intake
52mm tb
long tubes
2.5 true duals
chromemolly pushrods

now on the cam side this is my question:
i have a cc503 with 1.6rr seems to have fallen on the small cam specs on this ci
would I benefit from a 847 with my current setup?

would I max out my fuel injectors?
any pointers? I have a 847 sitting on the shop.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: yeah another gm847 thread...

if its all about the 1/4 mi the 847 would make more HP at higher RPM's. Maybe a little more across the whole curve if that is what you are looking for

if you still have the 24 lb stock injectors you would be pushing those so larger injectors and a 255 LPH fuel pump would be in order

depending on your valve springs...may need to upgrade those also

a new tune would be required

If going through a cam swap at this point I would contact Lloyd Elliott for a custom grind to get the most power vs a off the shelf cam. That GM cam is old tech
Old 05-02-2018, 09:24 PM
bym

Originally Posted by Chimera96
if its all about the 1/4 mi the 847 would make more HP at higher RPM's. Maybe a little more across the whole curve if that is what you are looking for

if you still have the 24 lb stock injectors you would be pushing those so larger injectors and a 255 LPH fuel pump would be in order

depending on your valve springs...may need to upgrade those also

a new tune would be required

If going through a cam swap at this point I would contact Lloyd Elliott for a custom grind to get the most power vs a off the shelf cam. That GM cam is old tech
yeah thats exactly what I thought on the injector part.
I have already wrote to Lloyd.
Ive been also thinking of downgrading to 95 ecm, to be able to swap the injectors, I dont really like that since I have the hypertech power programmer with a extra cartridge and has been working perfectly since 2008. hahaha
yes the 847 is an old tech cam but then again not a lot has been developed for the foster child lt engine....

my current setup runs mid 12s all day long.... but decided to take it to 11s as is... thank you for your reply
Old 05-02-2018, 10:46 PM

If you are trying to gain ,5++ in the 1/4 mi it will take more than just going from a 503 to 847

IDK if your "ported" heads = what LE stage 3 head but with a cam from him and heads equivalent, larger injectors and tune that will get you at or closer to 11.xxx if good 60 ft
Old 05-04-2018, 08:38 PM
bym

Originally Posted by Chimera96
If you are trying to gain ,5++ in the 1/4 mi it will take more than just going from a 503 to 847

IDK if your "ported" heads = what LE stage 3 head but with a cam from him and heads equivalent, larger injectors and tune that will get you at or closer to 11.xxx if good 60 ft
definitely im not just doing a cam swap to hope to do so.
my mild home ported stock heads reached 195cc runners cant recall the exhuast side though.

this is just to improve a little. im not looking over to have a racecar working perfectly on the street, its just that ive had this setup for over 10 years.... wanna try something new just for fun a giggles...

definitely ill have to improve my fuel setup, theres a big chance im over my duty cicle. for sure!
as for now on street not even drag radials I run constant mid 12s with kind of ****ty 60 ft, but I cant ask for much in there since the car is not only for the track. car is lowered, strano springs, eibachs and just control arms and lowering brakets.

best ET is 12.43@118mph.
gotta try out some drag radials, again and see whats the new numbers.

then ill work on my tune and fueling, then ill swap the cam.

basically this is a random question for people running this kinds of setups to have feed back to see if its worth or not doing it.

thanks anyhow