LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

WTF??? LOL's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Angry WTF??? LOL's

Some ding dong at a shop tried to tel me I needed a new flywheel becasue my Billet on had heat spots?

Mind you it's only 40miles old....

I hate idiot shops that try and screw you over.

After I explained what resurfacing was the idiot soon realized...hey! He's no average moron.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:07 PM

I hate people like that... Shops like that....
Old 03-05-2004, 02:14 PM

But really you are posting in LT1 Tech just to make sure you're right and that there really is nothing wrong with your flywheel...
Old 03-05-2004, 02:19 PM

Oh yea, There's so many shops like that. My wife took her car in to get her brakes done. The shop started telling her that this and that was wearing out and you have to replace this part and so on. Well, I end up showing up at the shop and not one peep from there mouth came out. My wife told me that they were treating her rudely, like she didn't know anybetter. My wife was about to blow up from outrage. I asked the shop what was wrong with the car and they told me nothing, just that the alarm kept going off for some reason. I told them "the siron isn't even hooked up to anything" and the manager turned red. What nim wits. I ended up walking out so pist off cursing the whole way out. I guess they didn't have the guts to tell me what they told her. They just probably end up scamming the next person that came throught the door.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:32 PM

Same kind of thing happened to me.

My transmission went out so I had it taken to a shop and when the guy called me to tell me what was wrong with the transmission he also said that the clutch was completly gone.(Mcleod single disk)

Funny thing is I had it installed about 2 months ago and it has less than 1,000 miles on it. With pretty much no hard driving.

I just started laughing.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:16 PM

Let me tell you what Autozone did today:

My wife had to go to Atlanta today to take a certification test tommorrow morning. She left in the Maxima at 8AM today. When I'm half way to work, she calls saying her SES light is on.

I told her that unless its flashing its usually something that won't impact driving the car, and she'd probably be fine. Well she wasn't real comfortable with that, but she was already to Murfreesboro, a good half hour away. Instead of coming home and me going home and swapping vehicles, I have her call a friend of mine in town and he directs her to the closest Zone so they can pull the code for her. That way we'll know if its serious or if she can drive the car.

She gets there and the idiot or jerk tells here they only pull Check Engine lights not SES lights, and refuses to help her.

Then on to the Nissan dealer, who wants $45 to pull the code and its going to take 45 minutes. So at that point I tell her to come home because by the time Nissan even tells us what's wrong I can simply swap her our Blazer for the Maxima, I leave work and get here and swap vehicles with her.

I pulled the codes myself, and they are rear o2 sensor codes. I called the Autozone regional office and informed them very politely of what was going on, and that somebody either didn't know better or was a liar.

They had their district mgr call me back that is over that store.....I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. I gave him the story, informed him I've spent a lot of money at Autozone over the years and I just wanted to see something was done. He said he'd get to the bottom of it and either order more training at that store or reprimand the person if they were just lazy. He thanked me and said most people wouldn't call about something like that and he can't fix it if he doesn't know about it.

COdes are P0138 and 139, which are rear O2 sensor codes. Did a search at nissanforums.com and I think its an issue with oversensitive O2 readinds from the after cat sensors. There's even a Nissan TSB about it. Glad I bought that warranty, LOL.

But Autozone really hacked me off. She said it was like pulling teeth just to get them to wait on her. Hopefully Rusty will set those guys straight. I'm cool now but at the time I was HOT about it.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:51 PM

since im in the service business, I try my best myslf to explain thoroughly to a customer that a tire is no good, without making it appear that im just trying to make a sale. Some customers understand, some are *******s that dont want to accept the truth
Old 03-05-2004, 04:07 PM

some shop was trying to tell my mom that some smog equipment needed to be replaced so they could pass the 74 datsun... which is smog exempt
Old 03-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Originally posted by ibanez6rg
But really you are posting in LT1 Tech just to make sure you're right and that there really is nothing wrong with your flywheel...
LOL's that would be funny if true...but my original flywheel was scared 1000 times worse and cut sevral times.