LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Who's running a Victor Jr. or similar intake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Banned

Re: Who's running a Victor Jr. or similar intake?

The top of the fins on a stock intake is the same height as the carb flange on a Super Vic.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 AM

im suprized noone has brought up that thred where someone (hotrodhawk i think) made the "elbow" like things for use with a carb style tb and a single plane

i think it may be in this thred
link

brook
Old 08-16-2005, 04:42 PM

Aggie I have read that thread probably 10 times, lol ( I have too much time on y hands ) Yea the original elbow was made to fit under the stock hood, with his 4 barrel setup. I just plan on running a elbow and a 90MM tb though.
Brett thanks for pointing that out to me. I was wondering how tall the Super vic was compared to the Lt1 intake, Now I know. Thanks
Old 08-16-2005, 04:49 PM

So what would be more efficient? The 4 barrel and an elbow or the elbow and the 90mm accufab TB?
I know the more expensive way
Old 08-16-2005, 06:01 PM

Hey Brett scroll down to about half of this page, and tell me if this Single plain looks familiar
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...I+intake+elbow

Also is taking out the Water crossover and thermastat housing part of the setup for the Carbon Fiber Thermal Shield, or is that any additional work.

BTW is that a Super Vic or JR. LOOKS NASTY
Old 08-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Banned

You mean this one?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment...chmentid=26827

Yeah, I think i've touched that Super Vic before ;-)

e-mail me on the carbon part but yeah that's additional work.

Bret
Old 08-16-2005, 07:39 PM

My buddy 96speed posted this pic a while back so I hope he doesn't mind that I saved it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...24915857RgJJXd

That's a milled-down elbow. Based on my measurements, I've come to the conclusion that you'd get better hood clearance with that setup than you would with a carb-style throttle body and the Superior Airflow inlet.

-Mindgame
Old 08-16-2005, 08:18 PM

Hey Brett you emailed me about the carbon piece I will email you about getting rid of the water crossover and thermostat housing.

Mindgame is that a Super vic or Victor JR.
Man I didn't realize how small in diameter a milled elbow was on these intakes. I may just get a Wilson elbow after all.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:10 PM

Well I've ordered all the parts.
Very excited to see the outcome and look of this Super Vic
I went with the 100* elbow and 90mm TB from Race proven Motors. Also the TPS and IAC from them as well.
I'll let you guys know the Dyno #'s and results here in about 6 weeks.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 AM

Well guys I am going to do the single plain conversion also. I have a couple questions.
1. Can you buy the Super Vic with the injector bungs built in like the Victor E? Because if you can't I will just go with the Victor E EFI version.
2. There is a guy from the board that runs a converted Brodix intake and I have seen his car run 10.20's N/A with a 396"LT1. He had a custom elbow built and used his BBK LT1 58mm T.B. and I am thinking about doing the same b/c it would be cheaper and easier for the throttle cable and already having the Throttle body and all.
3. How much work is involved to make the intake holes line up a set of Trickflow heads.
4. Lastly will the new bigger heads hurt my bottomend power a bunch going from a set of fully ported, milled, 2.065 intake valves, 1.600 exhaust, flowing 280cfm on the intake. The Trickflows come with 62cc combustion chambers and my LT1's were 58cc or so never measured. I will have the Trickflows angle milled, run some Impala or Cometic thin gaskets and Lloyd told me the intake runners will be 217cfm and that is alot bigger than my LT1's. So will the bigger chambers (less compression) a little, bigger runners hurt my ET's on motor or will they make enough power on the big end to make up for it? I am running a TH350, Transbrake, 4400 converter and go up to some 3.73's with my 28" 325/50/15 Et street radials. I know it will make more power on N2o but I would like to at least run as good or better N/A as the car did with my LT1 castings. Thanks later Clint
Old 08-22-2005, 11:52 AM

MG: Mi pics es su pics!

T/A LT1: That pic Mindgame posted is a pic of a #2975 VicJr intake.

The easiest way to judge how tall an intake can be is to just reference the fuel rails. I measured a while back and there is roughly 3" to play with on top of the fuel rails before you will have to start cutting on the hood. You can probably gain another 1-2" by removed the bracing/webbing of the hood, but after that its a cowl hood or you're a going MadMax style.

All these new SBC intake/head threads have my mind wandering...d'oh!

Ryan
Old 08-22-2005, 11:59 AM

hey 96speed, I didn't realize how small a milled elbow was on a Vic Jr intake. I am going to go with a Super Vic and a milled elbow, do you remember how much you had your elbow milled. I have a 96 T/A with a LS1 Ws6 front end I am hopping it will fit without modification but a little cutting would not hurt. I heard your setup cleared the stock Z28 hood, am I correct. Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 12:36 PM

I have a 4" Glasstek pin on RamAir hood so clearance is not an issue. My question is the Ford/LS1 style single blade throttle body better than say the 58mm BBK LT1 throttle body at making horse power? How much work is involved in making the Singleplane intake bolt onto LT1 heads(bolt holes angles etc...). LMK Later Clint
Old 08-22-2005, 12:51 PM

Hey if you are wanting to do it yourself I can't help you much but If it is ok with Brett I can forward you the pricing sheet that he emailed me. I know the 90MM Accufab flows at 1350CFM.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by T/A lt1
1. Can you buy the Super Vic with the injector bungs built in like the Victor E? Because if you can't I will just go with the Victor E EFI version.
Nope gotta put them in the Super Vic. Super Vic and Victor E are two totally different intakes.

Originally Posted by T/A lt1
3. How much work is involved to make the intake holes line up a set of Trickflow heads.
This is where most of the work is.... you can do it the getto way but the right way involves using a mill and welding the intake up.

Bret

Quick Reply: Who's running a Victor Jr. or similar intake?