LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

who would you take your motor to for a Stroker rebuild????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 05:18 AM

Taner,I cant vouch for this place.But they look impressive.Check out www.haroldmartin.com .Located in Wixom.Those intakes look sweet.

Last edited by joeSS97; 10-07-2003 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:27 AM

hey tanner why dont you check my sig. give us a call home of the tri state's fastest oe gm 350 block over 240mph in 1/4 we are racing guys and just finished my 9 sec potential lt1 (tuneing issues) but i am personaly involved so i can assure you we can do it better for less (pa has low machining costs)
Old 10-07-2003, 07:43 AM

BES RACING ENGINES. He now has 10 record holding motors built that are running in NHRA. Located in southern
Indiana. He built mine and am very pleased.

BES RACING ENGINES
Old 10-07-2003, 09:32 AM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
JWINN,

you know i called fasttimes, asked for a quote and never heard back. i guess i am not worthy, lmao!!! i spoke with Jeff I believe. it is up to you if you want to mention this to them, i am sure they won't be surprised.

ameanta,

i will be sure to give you a call! i am considering all options.

joeSS97,

i just spoke with someone and expect a call back today.

BES-383,

i will check them out as well!

Last edited by taner; 10-07-2003 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:00 AM

be sure to ask for todd
Old 10-07-2003, 11:20 AM

Taner,

Call Mike Moran, you should have his number I just sent ya. The more I think about it the more I would say he also would be someone I would have do the engine.

This guy actually know's how to build a real nitrous combination! He knows what works and what does not work. Mike has used and has experience especially with those rings I told you about and what I mean by that is there are some tricks to really making them work and how the bore finish should be,end gap and so on.

Last time I spoke to him I was really surprised at some of the things he was doing that made power that you just would not have thought ever to try.

See Ya Buddy!
Old 10-07-2003, 11:31 AM

Nu-Tek wouldn't be a bad choice. Had my 383 built there and nothing but and from it. Have you posted anything in the Michigan area? I know of some names up there, but can't vouch for any work.

If you do go local, check the shop out thoroughly. If the place is unorganized looks like no one cleans anything, then I'd be leary. One place I went to wouldn't let me look around at their work area. I just left...not worth sinking mucho grande into a short block, only to have it drop a sleeve or something because of shoddy work.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Mike Moran
Second Street
ARE
Old 10-07-2003, 11:46 AM

Re: who would you take your motor to for a Stroker rebuild????

Originally posted by taner
well it is time to freshen the motor. i have already decided to upgrade the rods. then of course new bearings and rings. needless to say the motor is pushed to the limit.

i live near Detroit, so if you have any sugggestions (near detroit) it would be appreciated. also if there is a reason you wouldn't take it to someone feel free to mention that as well.
some snipped
thanks in advance.
Taner,
My 396 stroker was built at Modern Musclecar in Roseville,Mi, a suburb of Detroit, 5 years ago. The car is still running strong but has only seen the dragstrip a couple of times, max. From my understanding, Modern Musclecar no longer exists, but the mechanic from MM kept the facility and it's now called Aggressive Auto. You may want to give Bruce a call. I've heard nothing but good feedback on him.
Another good shop in the Detroit area is Detroit Speedworks. I don't know if they do strokers, but I've seen some impressive projects come out of there.
They're having a dyno day on Saturday, stop by and check them out.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:39 PM

mongse_1,

actually i am awaiting a quote from nick hopefully tonight!

kmook,

well that is two people mentioning him, and he is about 30 minutes from home! i like that. also for Second Street, but they are about a 10 hour drive! doh!

JWINN,

thanks again JIm, i will give him a shout later this week

ameanta,

i will give him a call tomorrow, i was wondering who to ask for
Old 10-07-2003, 06:08 PM

I might as well throw in another vote for Nutek, even though I am not a customer yet, I most likely will be. Spoke to Nick on the phone today for probably 45 minutes, even though I was keeping him at work he still answered all my questions thoroughly and with outstanding knowledge. Got recommendations for everything, even stuff he would not be dealing with (ie, lifters, springs, injectors, dynotune, etc). Sounds like a great place to do business with.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Originally posted by taner
kmook,

well that is two people mentioning him, and he is about 30 minutes from home!
If you hadnt seen-
http://www.swaintech.com/car2.html
http://www.hoon.tk/tech_tips/qtv81.html
Old 10-07-2003, 07:46 PM

Mike Moran seems to have a good thing going. I had the pleasure of watching him run one of his new drag cars at Milan. Very crazy. Mike lives next door to my friend and he got a full tour of Moran's shop. The description was, "if you've ever seen inside of Livernois, Moran's is 1000x better". So I guess his shop's nice lol. Good luck with your rebuild with whatever you do. I can only hope I can be as successful as you with the T-56.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:45 AM

haven't called moran yet, but plan on doing so!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:16 AM

unfortunately SEcond Street didn't call back with a quote

left a voice mail for Moran, they are at the world nationals till the 20th

Harld Martin motorsports never called back either

i am awaiting a call back from Lingenfelter, i spoke with them this morning

MTI i called a while back and i guess i wasn't good enuff to return a call to..... whatever.

I am still hoping Fasttimes will call me back, although it has been a couple of months.

i wish i had a bit more experience with engine assembly, i am tempted to do it myself.
lol!

Quick Reply: who would you take your motor to for a Stroker rebuild????