LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What should I do first????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM

Question What should I do first????

So I'm new to all these car upgrades and I'm wondering what you think I should do first? I drive a 95 Trans Am Convertible thats lowered 2 inches. I'm thinking of getting SLP Intake, a Borla muffler, and a PCM to start. Any other suggestions to feed some speed to this ride?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:18 AM

Re: What should I do first????

read the first 10 pages of this forum...

but yeah, a cold air kit, good catback exhaust (more than just a muffler) are a good start.

i would go for something cheaper than the borla. it's just basically a $600 cutout.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:25 AM

Re: What should I do first????

First thing I would do is learn to use the search button. It took me about a month and people kept getting mad at me.
You can probably save some money and buy a cheaper intake, I think all of the name brand ones flow about the same. Same w/ the exhaust. Just find one with a sound you like that is in your price range. IMO having a sound you like is worth the 3 horses you might loose to another brand. Don't but a hypertech, they suck, thats all the proof you need right there. IMO, do the following in order: exhaust, intake, headers, gears, mail order tune (contact madwolf or PCMforless on this board)