LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

What to look out for in 95 TA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 01:07 PM

What to look out for in 95 TA?

I'm looking at a 1995 Trans Am on Monday and I'm wondering what specific problem area should I be looking for. Its and auto with 72K miles and already had the opti and water pump replaced. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:32 PM

give it a hard run, and see how she runs... check to see if the tranny slips on high load... look under and see if its leaking alot of oil (it will leak a lil, but not to a point where they should drop in droplets) check to see if most things are working... (when i bought mine, i noticed the powerwindows, wiper fluid thingy, and couple other things didnt work, and i should have checked them, but never thought of it) and look to see if the motor is just 'clean' (they might have cleaned it, but it still helps :P)
Old 10-12-2003, 02:50 PM

Like he said, check the little things... mine has power everything but for some reason the locks wont work... was told it was the actuators but replaced them and it didn't help... thinking it's the alarm or something
Old 10-12-2003, 05:01 PM

Thanks for the info guys. What else, specifically like engine/drvieline/mechanical goes wrong with these cars besides the opti and water pump which have both been replaced already. I can live with stuff inside that doesn't work, but I'd rathernot be starnded as often as I am with my thirdgen.