LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

want someone to read my datamaster scan. problems running

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:25 PM

want someone to read my datamaster scan. problems running

hey, i got my vacuum leaks sealed up on my car. the engine overall seems to be in perfect shape. so now i'm thinking the only thing left on my car is my tuning needs to be straightened up. let me explain a bit on whats going on with the car at the moment.

on initial startup, idle is a bit rough. under any acceleration, i have popping coming from the exhaust. and LOUD popping at that (of course with my exhaust setup, its bound to be loud). so any kind of driving is out of the question until this is resolved. i just got a problem fixed with my intake where i was having problems blowing intake gaskets and getting a lot of oil in the head ports and saturating the plugs. i had the intake milled and replaced the plugs. the intake appears to have sealed very well now. before the intake fix, it ran fine. low on power, but it ran. idled real good and pretty strong. now it smells as if its running way rich. btw-wires, plugs, opti, coil...all new. and ran fine before i fixed the intake.

i just reflashed the pcm before i took the datamaster scan. i went over all the plugs and they seem clean. so i started the car up and it the idle is pretty lopey (moreso than usual) and idles around 500ish for about 30 seconds or so, smells real rich, popping in exhaust with acceleration and the o2 mv values are a little sporadic on one side. averaging around the 800-900 range on one side. i was wondering if someone would like to look at this scan for me and see if they see anything unusual. i dont know of a place to host this scan, so i would have to email it to you. the scan is in a .uni format. thanks for any help.