LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Valve Spring compressor. (Gauging interest)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:18 PM

Smile Valve Spring compressor. (Gauging interest)

Hey everyone, hows it goin?

A good friend of mine and I have been designing a valvespring compressor that is similar to the crane/comp cams style ones. It will bolt down to the rocker arm threads or onto a stud with a nut if you have them as well.

They will be fully heat treated and come with all the hardware needed.

They are designed for LS1/LT1 and Standard SBC for sure. We need to find other heads to try and get the measurements right for ls3/9/ect.

They are set up to do two valvesprings at once with ease.

If you have used one of these before, you know how amazingly easy it makes valvespring swaps even with the motor in the car. No need to worry about the springs flying off like you do with those crappy twist style compressors.

If you haven't used one.. You have GOT to try it next time you do a valvespring swap. It takes 20 minutes to pull old springs and everything out and put in the new ones with this style tool.

PRICING: To start, it's looking like we can do $95 SHIPPED to your door. Depending on how many people we have interested we can cut down on prices because it's always cheaper to buy materials in bulk.

Please post up here if this would be something of interest to you.

Mods, if this is against the rules at all can you please P.M. me and let me know the details on how to go about this.

-Zach
Old 10-17-2009, 06:49 AM

pics ?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Name:  thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif
Views: 4
Size:  40.1 KB
Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 PM

if it fit under the cowl of the 4th gen i would be intrested. And if it was not a hunk of junk.. Pictures would be nice.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:47 AM

Just something to keep in mind - there's a guy on LS1Tech that sells a valve spring compressor called "Tims Tool" - it's like the Crane but his only does one valve spring at a time. He sells his for $35 shipped and he sells a LOT of them. You're asking a little over 2.5 as much for the same thing but it does 2 springs at once. IMHO, if you could sell it for $60-$70 since it does 2 springs and not just the one, you'd be better off but coming in right around Crane's price when we have no idea of your customer service ethic or quality of the product... meh, not so much.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:32 PM

yeah, the tim's tool was brought to my attention. We're trying to work on the price. I will say we can't get close to that 30 dollar tool. But I couldn't honestly use that tool. It reminds me of using the lever style compressor and I would be afraid that the bolt would break! Anyways, were trying our hardest to cut the price down.

There will probably be a few tools that we will have made and send out for what ever we can get them made for to have some people try them out and have some reviews. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Sounds good. As far as I know, I've only heard of one or two cases where someone broke the bolt but it wasn't the bolt that came with Tims Tool.