LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Thunderracing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Jag

Thumbs down Thunderracing...

You guys have probably had good luck with thunder, but I just wanted to tell you all about my bad experience.

I ordered a hooker cat-back for my car. It arrived quick(next day), and I was thinking wow! Great service! I have a '97, but they sent me the 95 cat back for the single cat. I ordered a '97, but thunder insisted that I didn't. However, I filled out the page where it asks for your year model and etc. Evidently, this is all bogus information and they don't pay attention to this at all. My two options were to send it back and have it replaced for the right one with me paying shipping both ways or just send it back period and pay a 20% re-stocking fee. I guess I could have had a custom S-pipe made, but that's not the point. By the time I paid the shipping and etc, I would have been cheaper off with reliable summitracing. Plus I would have it on already. The only reason I ordered from thunder was because they had a sale at the time.

That's just one bad experience I wanted to share.

I'll stick with summit or someone else from now on.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:41 AM

so did you accidentally put your car was a 95 on order page, or give the 95 Part #???
Old 01-30-2004, 09:41 AM

That's pretty shady they wouldn't work with you. I for one am not going to order from Thunder Racing after hearing this. I just don't want to have to deal with something like that if it were to come up. I don't think anyone else who reads this does either.

They're really shooting themselves in the foot by not righting their wrong.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:45 AM

Maybe they really didn't do anything wrong. I've had great business with them.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Jag

Thunder insisted that I ordered a 95 eventhough I filled out the

Vehicle Make:
Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Year:
Engine:
Transmission:

Their answer to that was "sometimes" they don't check that. I said,"Why is it there for if you don't check it?" No answer to that, but still insisted that I pay shipping both ways. I have the confirmation!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Jag

If you get the right part, their service is great. I got it the next day. When I sent it back, they waited 3 days before shipping my replacement. I called everyday till they finally shipped it. It's like they were messing with me or something. But, hey, if there is bad luck, I guess I'm the one that's going to get it.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:50 AM

If their records show you put down 95 or whatever, why would they lie?
Old 01-30-2004, 09:53 AM

Call them and tell them that if they dont make it right that you will send the catback back to them and then dispute the charge with your cc company. That'll usually get'em moving as chargebacks cost them big and too many could lead to revocation of thier merchant account.

-Tony
Old 01-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Jag

good question ibanez6rg.

Here's what they said. They said I chose the '95. But I did fill out the correct info Veh Make and etc. I even had a problem with my order because of my address and I had to call and not once did they clarify my order. I guess I should have made sure when I was on the phone before they sent it, but I thought everything was cool.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Jag

Mystic95Z, I thought about that, and I really should have just done that. I figured they could have at least pay shipping back, but they didn't.

We live and learn.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:59 AM

so the PART NUMBER on your order form is for a '95 catback??!?!?!?
Old 01-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Jag

ImportsRsloths, the first invoice actually showed that I ordered at '95 Catback if that's what you are asking.

If I did actually add a '95 Catback to my shopping cart, that doesn't explain why they didn't check my actual Vehicle Make, Model, Engine, Transmission info that I filled out.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:09 AM

They had an article in reader digest a while back about a survey they did. When someone is happy about something they tell 3 people, when they are pissed off they tell 9 people, those 9 people tell 3 people etc. But with the power of the internet and bulletin boards one small incident will destroy the reputation on a company like Thunder Racing. Look whats happened to Internet Racer's Supply, Racenet.net

However, I've had great luck with Thunder Racing and will always order stuff from them. When I ordered my clutch it came after 2 days, then the next day I got an AS&M Cold Air Intake for an Impala SS from them too. I didn't order it and I don't even own an Impala SS. I called them to find out why they sent it to me and it turned out they made a mistake because both our orders were made at the same time. So I shipped it back to them and they gave me a big discount on future orders.

Last edited by Grease; 01-30-2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Jag

Grease - 2 reasons I ordered from Thunder were:

#1 - the part I wanted was on sale
#2 - good feedback here at the boards.

I said "You guys have probably had good luck with thunder, but I just wanted to tell you all about my bad experience."

I'm just letting you know how their return policy is. Anyone here ever gotten the wrong part that they ordered? Just curious.

If it means anything, I got the '95 CatBack next day after I ordered it!
Old 01-30-2004, 10:16 AM

I think Jag accidently ordered the 95 catback by selecting the wrong one, but expected them to switch it to a 97 because he filled out that information.... maybe not, but thats what it sounds like

I've always had great service with thunder racing and I will never talk down on them

-Robert

Quick Reply: Thunderracing...