LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Stock Heads, BRE Custom Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by Jon A
Yeah, at the track I always go through front tires faster than the rears. Err, well, at least I used too....
54-55% of the cornering loads and nearly 80% of the braking loads on the fronts in A-X f-car. Maybe you'll do more "steering" with the rears now and even up the wear.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Is this similar to the cam that you made for me too?

I'll have mine going in another week or so, and hopefully on a dyno, so we can see what it'll do.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Banned

Your setup has similar parts in it, but you combo needed a slightly smaller camshaft. Your cam will make more midrange than Jon's cam. Each cam is setup for each customer and car/engine combo.

Bret
Old 06-08-2004, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by SStrokerAce
Your setup has similar parts in it, but you combo needed a slightly smaller camshaft. Your cam will make more midrange than Jon's cam. Each cam is setup for each customer and car/engine combo.

Bret
Looking forward to hearing about my cam Bret is thinking up right now. He is making it for my soon to be 383 S-Trimmed LT1.

Jon
Old 06-08-2004, 12:03 PM

RealQuick,
I'm sure you'll be happy with what Bret comes up with. With the limited conversation and purchases I've had with him, he definately does not seem like someone that takes his business lightly.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Z-RATED94
RealQuick,
I'm sure you'll be happy with what Bret comes up with. With the limited conversation and purchases I've had with him, he definately does not seem like someone that takes his business lightly.
I agree! Should be interesting to see what he recommends...
Old 06-08-2004, 12:25 PM

i can see it now....the next wave of internet performance will start coming from BRE

i almost got a cam from Bret and he was quick at responding to my questions (so was the OldSStroker) very nice fellas

glad to see you are pleased with the performance!
i wouldnt mind seeing some in car lap videos if you ever get any of the new setup
Old 06-08-2004, 01:41 PM

Very nice dynojet SAE numbers. Refreshing to say the least.

Either way, you guys are going to make me work to keep the highest RWHP number stock head car arent you! 10 bolt again for me jk

Great job guys and congrats on the nice numbers
Old 06-10-2004, 02:28 AM

Thanks, Altjar.

Well, I couldn't put my foot down too much my first track day this year:

http://www.jonaadland.com/NewPics3/WetTrackDay.JPG

Yesterday, however, it was dry and hot. The engine survived about 45 minutes of WOT operation and 300+ degree oil temps. Err, well, the engine did but the fuel pump didn't. I was wondering how long that thing would last....

Anyway, my driving was about as bad as it was my first event last year--very rusty--but I still managed to knock over two seconds off my personal best laptime.

Simple, I'll work on getting some video up when I get a chance, but right now I'm sort of busy trying to get the damn thing running. I suck at video editing--it takes me a long time.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:34 PM

Bret... I shot you an email for cam and springs and pricing...
Old 06-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Banned

Gettin to it boss....

BTW a custom billet cam is $300, but that needs the right parts to go with it or I don't sell it.

Bret
Old 06-10-2004, 10:29 PM

no problem.... i have NO problem with that.. shoot me an email with a quote..

What parts are needed etc..
Old 09-26-2004, 09:24 PM

Re: Stock Heads, BRE Custom Cam

Originally Posted by simple
i wouldnt mind seeing some in car lap videos if you ever get any of the new setup
I finally got one up. A few laps from Portland International Raceway last Wednesday: Righ Click, Save As.

Sorry about the huge file size but I suck at video editing. That's not my home track of Pacific Raceways, but I like that track a lot--it's just too long a drive for me to go to there very often. I don't reach quite as high a top speed there, but to put it in perspective I'm guessing I get to about 125-130 on the front straight (the one that goes under the Goodyear sign) and probably 135-140 on the back straight. The video is from the last session of the day and my driving is pretty sloppy.... But anyway, you can see me having some fun with some very expensive traffic.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:28 PM

Nice numbers. Did you go with a 110ls or 112?

Bret - I have YET to dyno my setup. Still trying to figure out what is wrong (read: too busy and too damn hot outside) with the engine. Seems fuel pressure is down about 5psi and I know I need to readjust the RRs.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:38 PM

I wish this custom cam craze was going on the summer before last b/c I definitely woulda thrown down $300 for a custom over the typical off the shelf grinds there were available.

What was the max lift with that cam, Bret?

Quick Reply: Stock Heads, BRE Custom Cam