LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

SPEC Stage 3 Ceramic 6-puck clutch in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 01:36 AM

SPEC Stage 3 Ceramic 6-puck clutch in!

friction point is well defined, not much room to ride the clutch ... hard to start from a dead stop .... but overall i like the clutch ... just ned to get used to it and break it in properly .... trying to go as easy on it as i can... kinda bangs around from a stand-still when letting the clutch off ... not sure if that's part of teh break in process or what, but oh well - i like it.

just thought i'd share!

later!
Old 03-12-2003, 02:29 AM

hey.. carry a cell phone w/ Spec's number on hand.. This way you can call them to pick you up when your clutch eats itself.. Just speaking from my great experiance's w/ them.. Hey and good luck w/ your new clutch.. still should have gotten a street twin.. Woulda lasted 3times as long..
Old 03-12-2003, 01:54 PM

I have 10k on my stage 3, and it still has a ton of life left on it. I dont know what was wrong with yours, but I love mine. I had the single disk mcleod, and it went out in 4300 miles and slipped every time I attempted to launch the car.

Good luck with your new clutch.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:57 PM

Re: SPEC Stage 3 Ceramic 6-puck clutch in!

Originally posted by pillagenburn
friction point is well defined, not much room to ride the clutch ... hard to start from a dead stop .... but overall i like the clutch ... just ned to get used to it and break it in properly .... trying to go as easy on it as i can... kinda bangs around from a stand-still when letting the clutch off ... not sure if that's part of teh break in process or what, but oh well - i like it.

just thought i'd share!

later!
Just make sure you brake it in before you abuse it! My Stage 3 chattered a fair bit but it went away during break in. You will get used to it after awhile, I love mine!
Old 03-12-2003, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by Hoostie
I have 10k on my stage 3, and it still has a ton of life left on it. I dont know what was wrong with yours, but I love mine. I had the single disk mcleod, and it went out in 4300 miles and slipped every time I attempted to launch the car.

Good luck with your new clutch.
"SPEC" says growing pain's.. I don't think a rough clutch like the Stage III should have had a sprung hub personally.. I do believe that they have went to a unsprung hub design thanks in part to my exp. and a few others where the spring beat the **** outta the hub and eventually caused a stress fracture that ejected the spring in the pp and wreaked havoc by ripping off puck's and stuff.. not pretty.. 3 star's and i finally went w/ a mcleod.. No problems since..
Old 03-12-2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by IllusionalTA
"SPEC" says growing pain's.. I don't think a rough clutch like the Stage III should have had a sprung hub personally.. I do believe that they have went to a unsprung hub design thanks in part to my exp. and a few others where the spring beat the **** outta the hub and eventually caused a stress fracture that ejected the spring in the pp and wreaked havoc by ripping off puck's and stuff.. not pretty.. 3 star's and i finally went w/ a mcleod.. No problems since..
I'm with him...had problems with my Stage 2.

went with ST and never regretted it!!