LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

spark plug question with different setups?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 08:31 PM

spark plug question with different setups?????

all this talk about different plugs and gaps with different setups i understand the colder plug for nitrous and chargers but seems like there is a variety in plugs for n/a cars. example i run delco platinums in my car with a cam and stock heads n/a with msd coil and a 6al. would i see a difference in changing plugs ?? if so why and what would be the difference?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:41 PM

Re: spark plug question with different setups?????

I don't think PLatinum is all that great of a conductor. It is tough though and it is most likely why a damn plug can supposedly go 100k before changing. I also feel that is BS as when I pulled mine the gaps were all over the place. Not one was the same, some were close, some were way further than stock.
For a machine to work smoothly you need to stay on top of it and I will never run a crappy platinum plug again. I don't have any experience with other brand platinums but I will never run the AC DELCO or pay the outrageous plug price again. In stead, my TR55 NGK plugs will get changed yearly . It is also a decent idea to "read" the plugs to see how your car is , as if its burning oil, detonating etc. People say plug changes are a nightmare on these cars but I would admit the first time wasn't the greatest, but I can do it in less than an hour and that is fartin around pretty good. In fact, after headers it was even easier yet. Take the time and don't neglect the car!