LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Sharing some pics of my recent build... freshen up the 383sr, LTCC, Manual Rack...etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 PM

Sharing some pics of my recent build... freshen up the 383sr, LTCC, Manual Rack...etc

So I just finished up my build, took me a little over two weeks. Freshened up the heads on my motor, bad guide seals, were smoking, valve locks I found broken (3 of them), and installed my LTCC, alternator relocation, BMR K member, Flaming River Manual Rack, BMR Manual Brakes, and some other misc. additions. Enjoy.

On the way out

Tore down

Disaster avoided

Pieces in paint

Heads going on
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Re: Sharing some pics of my recent build... freshen up the 383sr, LTCC, Manual Rack..

Long block assembled

Cantons On

Roughin in my LTCC Fab brackets

Painted up and roughed in
Old 02-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Re: Sharing some pics of my recent build... freshen up the 383sr, LTCC, Manual Rack..

Looking pretty...taylor spirocores and Kooks on to fit everything up

Motor going back in

Everything ready to run

Finally...ready to roll again!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 PM

Videos of it running... beast mode

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150794095940550

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150794104705550
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Very nice. I just picked me up a set of the Canton valve covers too. I noticed you had a breather on it instead of the hose going to the throttle body. How does that work out? Just cap the throttle body and that's it? It doesn't hurt anything I'm guessing. I might try that.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ascastil
Very nice. I just picked me up a set of the Canton valve covers too. I noticed you had a breather on it instead of the hose going to the throttle body. How does that work out? Just cap the throttle body and that's it? It doesn't hurt anything I'm guessing. I might try that.

I thought it just looked better! I don't know that it did anything either way! I think the breather was like 9.99 at oreilly's, and looks pretty cool. I just put some big vacuum caps on the TB. The cantons are really cool. Just be sure to check the fit vs. gasket when you get them. May have to "tweak" them a bit to make everything line up! Enjoy.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 PM

The cantons do look cool indeed. You have good taste my friend. They are gonna look sick on my AI heads when theyre done.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 PM

Yes, they will in fact look good! My word of advice, if you ever plan to relocate your alternator, do it before you buy the valve covers! By now i'm wishing I didn't buy them with the recessed area for the alternator! But its all good!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:43 AM

That turned out good hows that manual rack? Can you tell the difference from stock?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 AM

Yeah the manual rack is way different. I drove stock cars before, so I had an idea how it would be... but you know its pretty tight when your not moving, but once your rolling its actually easier than power rack. Only thing is you can feel every bump and everything in the road!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM

Damn that does blow about the valvecovers! I have since moved my alt down low and my ebay aluminum covers have the notch too thats pissing me off whenever i open the hood LOL. I really like how you notched your coil mount/fuel rail covers for the coil wires to tuck and hide them! Im going to try and rig something up like that for mine when i put my EFI 24x kit on and decide how/where ill mount the coils.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Hey man, great to see you're back in the States. Nice Work! That clutch doesn't appear to be in your sig though.
I was getting ready do almost the same thing but took a hard look at that damn optispark - LTCC then 24x (that's a lot of money) but then a 99 came up forsale with my dreamlist of mods. Just couldn't resist. I had planned on keeping my 97 forever and really had a hard time letting go. But I mentioned thinking about selling it to a guy down the street. He has a couple beautifull vettes his 2 brothers helped him restore. One morning they all showed up because 1 was looking for a new toy. I let it go cheap just so it would be in good hands.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan 97 Ram Air T/A
Hey man, great to see you're back in the States. Nice Work! That clutch doesn't appear to be in your sig though.
I was getting ready do almost the same thing but took a hard look at that damn optispark - LTCC then 24x (that's a lot of money) but then a 99 came up forsale with my dreamlist of mods. Just couldn't resist. I had planned on keeping my 97 forever and really had a hard time letting go. But I mentioned thinking about selling it to a guy down the street. He has a couple beautifull vettes his 2 brothers helped him restore. One morning they all showed up because 1 was looking for a new toy. I let it go cheap just so it would be in good hands.
Hey Ryan,
Yeah for some reason if I try to edit my signature, it always says I have too many words! I need to spend some time one of these days and fix it, lol. I love that clutch. I am still smiling about that deal! Yeah I am gonna get my car aligned tomorrow, finally found a cool guy at a shop to do it... most "firestone" type shops are full of guys I wouldn't want touching my stuff. Then I wanna get some prostars or equiv. on it and finally get it down the strip! I guess it is good you got into an LS car... I kick myself alot for not... I feel the LT-1 is on its downfall as far as performance is going! Thanks for the message... keep in touch! Be sure I am enjoying my MCLEOD TWIN DISK!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:21 PM

Glad the clutch was a good find. Never used your flywheel but it was a great deal on my end too.

Saw your breather and I strongly suggest you get a catch can. No one realizes how critical getting those combustion gases out relates to engine life. I've been taking a crash course on LS1s so here's a link I have bookmarked that talks about it.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...outing-ok.html
Do some researce on the routing for your setup and don't waste your money on the name brands. For road racing I went with this dual can Stage 1 DC3 Product Page but you would be fine (maybe better) with RX Engineering - Big,Great baffling, no filter media. Use 1/2" hose and connections because you're moving a lot of air.

Have fun with your ride
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan 97 Ram Air T/A
Glad the clutch was a good find. Never used your flywheel but it was a great deal on my end too.

Saw your breather and I strongly suggest you get a catch can. No one realizes how critical getting those combustion gases out relates to engine life. I've been taking a crash course on LS1s so here's a link I have bookmarked that talks about it.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...outing-ok.html
Do some researce on the routing for your setup and don't waste your money on the name brands. For road racing I went with this dual can Stage 1 DC3 Product Page but you would be fine (maybe better) with RX Engineering - Big,Great baffling, no filter media. Use 1/2" hose and connections because you're moving a lot of air.

Have fun with your ride
Good looking out man. The thought never crossed my mind! Atleast I cleared up some space removing the A/C...so I have my next project coming! Thanks and take care!

Quick Reply: Sharing some pics of my recent build... freshen up the 383sr, LTCC, Manual Rack...etc