LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

question on exhaust cutouts!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:09 PM

Exclamation question on exhaust cutouts!!

So, Ive been lookin for the most available power on the new beast. From what I have read when you do dual exhaust you have to have a x pipe, or conect the exhaust pipes in the middle somewhere. Now, if I have pacesetter longtubes goin into pacesetters 3 inch y pipe, then into a flowmaster catback, can I install dual cutouts in the y pipe? Or would it be best just to have one cutout right after the two exhuast pipes come together and hook up to the flowmaster? I was lookin at just doin one 3 inch cutout where it connects to the flowmaster, but should I do two of them, one on each bank of the y pipe before it merges? Its a daily driver, so Im guessing not much power can be gained from duals on the street.
Thanks!
Cody
Old 05-29-2006, 08:14 PM

Re: question on exhaust cutouts!!

Originally Posted by firebirdStud
So, Ive been lookin for the most available power on the new beast. From what I have read when you do dual exhaust you have to have a x pipe, or conect the exhaust pipes in the middle somewhere. Now, if I have pacesetter longtubes goin into pacesetters 3 inch y pipe, then into a flowmaster catback, can I install dual cutouts in the y pipe? Or would it be best just to have one cutout right after the two exhuast pipes come together and hook up to the flowmaster? I was lookin at just doin one 3 inch cutout where it connects to the flowmaster, but should I do two of them, one on each bank of the y pipe before it merges? Its a daily driver, so Im guessing not much power can be gained from duals on the street.
Thanks!
Cody
You can do 2 cutouts right after the headers or you can do one right behind the passenger seat. IMO do the one... there will be no gain over doing 2 right after the headers then doing the one futher downstream.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:15 PM

Re: question on exhaust cutouts!!

Most I've seen are installed in the pipe somewhere before it goes over the axle. True duals are cool, too, but I'm concerned about ground clearance...

--Alan