LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Is it possible to install Pacesetter LT's from top?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 12:36 AM

Is it possible to install Pacesetter LT's from top?

Hey fellas!

I'm waiting on my LT's to get here, and had a couple questions! I've been searching the LT1 section for the past 2 hours and haven't came up with an answer I like, so I thought I'd post. I have a 95 TA, and need to install my pacesetters from the top, due to issues with smaller jackstands and already losing part of my finger through this whole process. ( tried to lift by harmonic balancer , engine fell an inch and chopped part off ) I bought and am using a happy hooker ( doing my oil pan gasket at the same time ). I have the starter, alternator, oil dipstick off ( not the steering linkage yet.. ) and will be taking off the valve covers. Can I get both through the top?

Mark
Old 07-14-2005, 12:46 AM

Re: Is it possible to install Pacesetter LT's from top?

Originally Posted by raxxus
Hey fellas!

I'm waiting on my LT's to get here, and had a couple questions! I've been searching the LT1 section for the past 2 hours and haven't came up with an answer I like, so I thought I'd post. I have a 95 TA, and need to install my pacesetters from the top, due to issues with smaller jackstands and already losing part of my finger through this whole process. ( tried to lift by harmonic balancer , engine fell an inch and chopped part off ) I bought and am using a happy hooker ( doing my oil pan gasket at the same time ). I have the starter, alternator, oil dipstick off ( not the steering linkage yet.. ) and will be taking off the valve covers. Can I get both through the top?

Mark
Yes, they will go in from the top.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:53 AM

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by raxxus
Hey fellas!
already losing part of my finger through this whole process.

Mark
Pics?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:49 AM

You wouldn't want to see it. Cut it off ( my left hand, pointer finger ) to the bone(and a little more) when the engine fell on it. Pissed my girlfriend off real bad when I wouldn;t stop working on my car, had to make sure it wasn't resting on the k-member. Wouldn't stop until at least the bolt was through. If anyone wants to make a trip to converse IN and help install these ( I don't have any help, so I'll be doing it one handed ), I'd show em the stump!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:18 AM

You say all I have to do is go to converse? Heck, I grew up right in sims. OHHS Class of '04! IF you need any help, pm me and I'll definatly give you a hand if you need it. BTW, the easiest way to install pacesetters is from the top. The passenger side should slide right in and on the drivers side, just remove the steering linkage and motor mount bolt, then jack it towards the passenger side and it slides right in. Just let me know! LAter