LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

One of My New Favorite Mods (Borla E Cutout pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:31 AM

Thumbs up DMH Borla E Cutout...NOW w/ Video!!

Guys,
I just got this from DMH Performance and installed it this weekend. I love this thing, you can make your car sound Mild to MEAN in less than 3 seconds. The materials Dave and DMH used are really Great Quality Materials to build it too and he give a FULL warranties for 4 Years on this product too.

Here are some pics:
http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/memberpage/342629/5

YOU WILL NEED QUICKTIME TO VIEW

DMH Borla Cutout 1

DMH Borla Cutout w lil burnout

sometimes the links dont work when u click on them - just right click the link and click "save target as" then save it on the desktop or something.

You will notice my car is still running rich from the second video...Cant wait to get it DynoTuned with Wideband o2

Dave Hacker at DMH is also great to do business with...His customer service is Outstanding. I was very pleased to see how enthused he was about his products. Not only can you tell this product was made well when you have it and are holding it in your hands but you can tell by talking with him (even without having the electric cutout yet) that he is really proud of his products and he has good reason to be.

Thx,
Claude

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 11-09-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:03 AM

Thumbs up

cool
Old 10-20-2003, 02:40 PM

Thanks broh!

TTT
I made some updates/changes to that page on my website with the contact info for DMH Performance and a few other little things that I got email on...

Thx,
Claude
Old 10-20-2003, 02:42 PM

how big is the video? send it over to Jwyllie@clemson.edu
if its not HUGE i can probably host it
Old 10-20-2003, 02:51 PM

Dude, that is awesome. Throw a sound clip my way gonewiththewindfarm@hotmail.com

Thanks,
-JOhn
Old 10-20-2003, 03:27 PM

SaxRulez,
Cool Beans Broh...I dont have the video yet cuz it started to rain this Sunday and I could not get a good shot in and had to return the camera to my brother. I should have his camera again this weekend and will be able to take the video then. I really appreciate the offer and will take you up on it when I get the vid.

Thx,
Claude
Old 10-20-2003, 06:49 PM

You will really enjoy it. I have had mine on for over 3 years and it works as good today as it did when I bought it. When I heard that Dave made the warranty 4 years instead of 3 I mailed him and asked about the guys who already had them and he said the warranty covers all the ones already sold too. DMH rocks
He really backs his stuff.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Like2gofst
You will really enjoy it. I have had mine on for over 3 years and it works as good today as it did when I bought it. When I heard that Dave made the warranty 4 years instead of 3 I mailed him and asked about the guys who already had them and he said the warranty covers all the ones already sold too. DMH rocks
He really backs his stuff.
See thats what I am talkin about a guy that makes a great product, is proud of it and will have the warranty to back it up too. You cant go wrong with DMH. The funny thing was, I was gonna to get a cheaper one from one of the other places but all the folks I talked to said the others have known to fail in a year or so and that when they got Dave's it never failed and they were happy with it.

thx,
Claude
Old 10-22-2003, 10:15 AM

I have gotten a few emails about this with questions on this product so I updated my site with a new more pic, and a clearer shot of the bottom view of the cutout and also where to get this cutout and who to buy it from.

http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/memberpage/342629/5

And If all goes well, I should have the sound/Video by this weekend.

TTT

Thx,
Claude
Old 10-22-2003, 03:46 PM

Very cool set-up. Thanks for the post. Fred
Old 11-08-2003, 01:20 PM

OK guys, I have a vide/sound of my the DMH cutout on my car.
Can anyone host it for me?
I was told it has to be on QuickTime.
One is about 5 MB with the cutout open and closed and a few revs in each.

The other is 5.5MB with the cutout open and closed with a few revs and quick burnout.

EDIT: Guys I cant send the files out at home because its to big, I will have to send it out at work on Monday at work...But if you can host the file Please shoot me a PM

Thx,
Claude

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 11-08-2003 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2003, 01:24 PM

SaxRulez,

Sent you a PM.

Thx,
Claude
Old 11-08-2003, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by 2CNTRY
How was the wiring? I had heard that the wiring on 95s or LT1s in general was difficult? Thanks.
Trace
Very Very Simple. All you need to do is ground one wire and find or tap into a good 12 volt source, Dave at DMH really made the wiring really easy. He give you 12 foot of sealed wires with connectors. So all you have to do is run the wiring to the back under the carpet on the passenger side to the trunk and there is a little rubber seal in the spare tire area that you just cut a little slit to and feed the wiring thru. Next Jack up the car, install the Borla E-cutout and then take the connector (at the end of the wire that you fed thru under the spare tire area) and connect it to the connector on the Borla E-Cutout. It is really that simple. I think the hardest part of doing this mod was actually deciding where you want to mount your rocker switch

Hope that helps,
Claude
Old 11-09-2003, 07:07 AM

What did you pay for that? Was it $179 or is the Borla version more?
Thanks
Old 11-09-2003, 11:01 AM

Here are some links to the video clips:

YOU WILL NEED QUICKTIME TO VIEW

DMH Borla Cutout 1

DMH Borla Cutout w lil burnout

sometimes the links dont work when u click on them - just right click the link and click "save target as" then save it on the desktop or something.

As you can see from the second vid, My car is running a lil rich. I cant wait to get it Dyno tuned

Thx,
Claude

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 11-09-2003 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: One of My New Favorite Mods (Borla E Cutout pics)