LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Oil pan with Eibach Pro Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 06:44 AM

Oil pan with Eibach Pro Kit??

Well my lt1's oil pan gasket is leaking so I'm contemplating pulling the engine and freshing it up! My oil pan has a decent dent right in front of the drain plug. I'm assuming from how low the car is. I also have an aftermarket oil pick up (not 100% sure what it is right now) just wanting any ideas with a low clearance car what's the best? I've read a lot of canton or moroso?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 PM

Re: Oil pan with Eibach Pro Kit??

I don't believe any aftermarket pan will give any more ground clearance than stock as they typically have larger oil capacity.

if you are sure the leak is pan gasket related fine but often leaks from above migrate down to the lowest point of motor (pan).

You mentioned "dent" so you hit something or if you are saying your suspension components hit it...might look to confirm the travel of your suspension and put a "stop" in where needed to prevent any conflict...although I have not heard of guys denting pans with lowered Eibach set ups.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chimera96
I don't believe any aftermarket pan will give any more ground clearance than stock as they typically have larger oil capacity.

if you are sure the leak is pan gasket related fine but often leaks from above migrate down to the lowest point of motor (pan).

You mentioned "dent" so you hit something or if you are saying your suspension components hit it...might look to confirm the travel of your suspension and put a "stop" in where needed to prevent any conflict...although I have not heard of guys denting pans with lowered Eibach set ups.
Well I am not certain the leak is coming from the pan gasket, although there is a leak coming from the drain plug. I switched out the plug with a new one and it continues to leak because the dent in the pain is close to the plug and it must have thrown off the seal from the plug to the pan.

I don't recalling hitting anything specific with the oil pan but there is a good dent in it. I have never heard of putting a stop on the suspension before I guess besides the back suspension where the axle has hard rubber blocks to prevent it from bottoming out.

I guess I'll just keep lookin around for a good used pan since the aftermarket ones don't provide any more clearance,

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:38 PM

you can try and just put some RTV on the base of the drain plug.

I would think nothing from your suspension would cause such a dent.

Takes a pretty hefty hit to dent the pan but something hit it. If you can fix the leak by just putting RTV sealant on the base of the bolt and the pan otherwise does not leak from where the dent is, you should be good. If the pan was dented to the point the rotating assembly was hitting it or the oil pick up was torn off pump you would know quickly if the dent was causing internal engine contact issues

a pic would help understanding the size/location of dent for comments if you have one