LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New to the lt1 engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:47 PM

New to the lt1 engine

Ive been looking at 94 or so lt1 camaros.I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could give me some sites and advice on the basic performance parts needed to make a good street strip car out of a lt1 camaro.Ive been looking at the cams and heads, but dont really know good combos or nething for the lt1, im also interested in the lt4 intake and cam package, and if i can get as much power out of that package as i could a aftermarket combo like trick flow and comp cams stuff.Also if i could get any advice on cheaper bolt on parts such as throttle body's, air foils, ram air systems, and possibly underdrive pulleys. im wanting to know what brands of all of these bolt ons you guys are using and how much power a typical bolton lts without heads and intake or nething is running.Like i said before if i could get some sites nd advice about these parts i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for ur time
joe
Old 07-24-2005, 10:15 PM

Re: New to the lt1 engine

Heres a good site for LT1 newbs.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298077
Old 07-24-2005, 11:00 PM

Re: New to the lt1 engine

Well my first opinion would be to start with the minor things that really add up. I personally wouldn't go with a heads and cam before you get other mods such as exhuast. So full exhaust (CAI, Headers, and Catback). Then my next step would be some suspension. After that i've heard nothing but good stuff about Lloyd Elliot (LE) heads and cam packages. Do a search on here you'll find tons of stuff about it. Everyone says great things about him and his work. Also from what i can gather the LE packages will give you more HP and TQ than the LT4 kit. Althought its all about what you want in a car, either more street or more strip. If you need any type of info just do a search theres so much here to find. Good luck with the purchase

Jp