LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

My Jet hot long tube install also slps for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 07:30 PM

My Jet hot long tube install also slps for sale

Got em.. took some pics of the but not much to see cuz i already posted my friend jason's headers.
I had to do some grinding on the drivers side disconnectable primary so it'd slide in and fit... other than that the drivers side went in. Passenger side gettin ready to go in...

U must remove, the steering linkage, starter, dipstick, and probably jack the engine for the passenger side.

Man im so tired.. those things are kicking my ***..... but i will win the battle

Jasons car got quieter with the long tubes and no cats...???..

I think i might go catless and stick a larger restrictor plate in the borla. its on open plate right now and is louder than his.. Hes got hooker lts, 3 inch y, hooker cat back.

im going out and eating a big steak now..

Oh and my slps are for sale now...
Old 03-12-2003, 07:41 PM

Mine just came today. Did you buy different bolts and gaskets? Mine came with like 8 header bolts, and 4 collector bolts (who knows where the others went?)
Old 03-12-2003, 07:50 PM

when i opened them up some of the bolts had fell out of the package..

I bought some felpro gaskets and already had some Stage 8 locking ones... I like those cuz they have the torx fitting on them. Definately buy better gaskets..

also make sure that tube fits into the 1 primary on the drivers side .
Old 03-12-2003, 09:42 PM

JETHOT

Well my install was a little different.

On my 93:
The passenger side went straight in just had to remove the dip stick, what a PITA!!! Make sure you polish the end of the dip stick and oil it up good, I used emory cloth. I used a hammer on the end and twisted and pushed, then when it would not go anymore I used a hammer and an extension on the bolt flange. The car was jacked up with a 3.5 ton jack with two pcs of 4 x 4 stacked on each other and the header went straight up.

On the drivers side: I had to remove the on long motor mount bolt, used another set of jack stands under the 4 x 4's and moved the jack out and used a 2 x 4 to jack the crank pull/balancer up and the header went right in. I did not have to remove the steering column. Then bolted up the bolt for 7,5,3 but loose, then slid in #1 primary pipe and taped it very lightly with a pc of wood and bolted all pipes down.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:52 PM

what are you asking for your slp's?? im in the market for some this month. e-mail me with some pics if you can. keggerfour20@hotmail.com
Old 03-12-2003, 10:15 PM

i got mine today also with the exact same amount of bolts. 8 header bolts and 4 collector bolts. kinda wondering what happened to the other bolts myself.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:21 PM

Just a thought, I think the four silver bolts go on the end of the headers. Like in the first and last bolt holes. The other 8 go in the middle holes, four on a side. There are no collector bolts. The gaskets I bought are the SCE, or SEC, something like that, copper ones. The frigging openings are like half the size of the header ports. What gaskets are yall using? Anyone need a set of copper gakets for regular headers? Real cheap!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:33 PM

My Jet Hots came in yesterday. I ordered them with EGR delete. Got a few bolts and some crappy gaskets with them. But Im going to use different gaskets because of the head porting and will be using different bolts as well. I will have pictures when its all hooked to the dyno.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:51 PM

I Ordered mine about a week ago, so they should be coming in any day now. I am removing my Air pump and EGR. I have a OBd1 computer conversion so hopefully my EGR won't throw a
code. My air pump is already deleted.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:14 AM

I just came in and got a shower after the Hooker LT install.
PITA is an understatement.
I had to remove the oil filter and the steering linkage on the drivers side and header went right in, #1 primary I sanded alittle and then drapped a towel over it and pounded the **** out of it with my 3 pound hammer and it went in. Passenger side was easier I removed the starter and if the car had been upside down it would have fallen in. Getting bolts started by yourself is a mother. I have my A4 out of the car so that may be why it was SOMEWHAT easier. I did not have to jack the engine at all which was good, one less thing.
Getting the steering linkage to line back up and gettin it on there was a pain.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:54 AM

I got 12 header bolts and intake gaskets. Slip pipe slided in easy with some friction. Hope it don't leak.

Jeff D.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:42 PM

are your SLP headers still for sale?

thanks
brad
Old 06-02-2003, 10:53 PM

I h ave had mine since the first batch was released.... The reason i havnt put them on is i ran out of money, and then i decided to put a cam in there, so i need to save a little more, I will also be runnig true duels
Old 06-02-2003, 10:56 PM

nah its sold
Old 06-03-2003, 12:23 AM

http://gallery8926.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=550131

sorry, I just learned how to post pics! I think its working, sorry to inturupt. At least its a pic of headers

Quick Reply: My Jet hot long tube install also slps for sale