LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

morel lifter gone spongy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned

Re: morel lifter gone spongy...

Depends on who you get them thru. I like the cross bars.

Bret
Old 03-15-2006, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Depends on who you get them thru. I like the cross bars.

Bret
I like the looks of those vs the stock style too. Do I still use the hold down tray with the lifters that have the cross bars?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:31 AM

when i first got my engine running..one pushrod was FLINING oil...and none of the others were(this was with stock replacements)..i just ran it anways..put the vcovers back on..drove for a week..till they all came very loose again..once i took the covers back off..they were all oiling normal..i did have to tighten 80% of the rockers though. Any ideas what thats from?The car is runnin great now.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh'95Z28conv
I like the looks of those vs the stock style too. Do I still use the hold down tray with the lifters that have the cross bars?

Nope it's just like a SR setup
Old 09-16-2006, 03:16 PM

Question Re: morel lifter gone spongy...

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Yeah.... that one lifter was not getting oil due to a manufacturing defect so he got that issue resolved with a replacement set.

Bret
I recently was having the exact problem being discussed after installing my new set of morel lifters w/ link bars I removed the intake and closely examined the lifter ... I found that there was no under-cut which can be viewed when looking through the oil port located on the side of the lifter( this under-cut is present on all others ) This I assume would allow the flow of oil into the internal pump chamber.

Was this the same problem ??????? in the previous discussion
Old 09-16-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by MYT30TH
I recently was having the exact problem being discussed after installing my new set of morel lifters w/ link bars I removed the intake and closely examined the lifter ... I found that there was no under-cut which can be viewed when looking through the oil port located on the side of the lifter( this under-cut is present on all others ) This I assume would allow the flow of oil into the internal pump chamber.

Was this the same problem ??????? in the previous discussion

the oil fill hole on the side of the lifter wasnt completely punched through during the machining. i got the set replaced and all is well. it sux having to take it all back apart again to fix this, but crap happens. at least i'm not losing clips into my engine (lol, speaking of comp r's, i found a clip/ring in my oil pan the other day. i had pulled my oil pan about a year ago and cleaned it all out best i could and had the top end pulled apart. including heads valvetrain and intake. found 4 out of 8 clips. changed my oil just the other day and the magnet was holding onto two halfs of clips. freeking crazy!).
Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by slverbullet
the oil fill hole on the side of the lifter wasnt completely punched through during the machining. i got the set replaced and all is well. it sux having to take it all back apart again to fix this, but crap happens. at least i'm not losing clips into my engine (lol, speaking of comp r's, i found a clip/ring in my oil pan the other day. i had pulled my oil pan about a year ago and cleaned it all out best i could and had the top end pulled apart. including heads valvetrain and intake. found 4 out of 8 clips. changed my oil just the other day and the magnet was holding onto two halfs of clips. freeking crazy!).
Thanks for the reply Dave... 2 of my Comp R's bit it , thats why I went to the Morel's ..... I'm going to contact the manufacturer tomorrow ( U.S. Gear Company of America) I think ???,and let them know what I found ....I'm sure there won't be any problems, and start the process again