LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:45 PM

misfire?

hello all, i haven't posted in a bit but im back with a minor problem. car seems like its mis-firing at idle, what's weird is it's only when motor is warmed up and when a/c is off! lol i turn it on and it basically goes away, still slightly there, but alot better. i know i need to replace my egr valve autozone scan test said so lol but ya would that even be related to this? its not a horrible misfire but i feel the engine "jumping" or however you describe it, rpm's move a hundred or two with it as well. any ideas on where or what to start looking into doing? thank you much for any input it is appreciated. oh and ect sensor for comp is new as the ecm is too, plugs and wires are only two yrs old, fuel system is cleaned once or twice a year as well as the maf gets cleaned, so i doubt it's any of those things. thank you again for any input
Old 09-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by oneclean97z
hello all, i haven't posted in a bit but im back with a minor problem. car seems like its mis-firing at idle, what's weird is it's only when motor is warmed up and when a/c is off! lol i turn it on and it basically goes away, still slightly there, but alot better. i know i need to replace my egr valve autozone scan test said so lol but ya would that even be related to this? its not a horrible misfire but i feel the engine "jumping" or however you describe it, rpm's move a hundred or two with it as well. any ideas on where or what to start looking into doing? thank you much for any input it is appreciated. oh and ect sensor for comp is new as the ecm is too, plugs and wires are only two yrs old, fuel system is cleaned once or twice a year as well as the maf gets cleaned, so i doubt it's any of those things. thank you again for any input
If it's misfiring you should get a check engine light. You don't mention that and say the autozone guy says it's the EGR. Why not start there....with the engine running, reach back and push the EGR diaphram. If the engine stumbles and the clears up when you release it, it's probably something in the circuit and not the valve itself.