LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

MAFT...yes or no??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:56 PM

MAFT...yes or no??

Just bought a used maft.Does anyone else use it?How hard was the install?Are there any write-ups on the install of one.I have pcmforless tuning but still running rich.

Do you need lt1 edit or can you tune with dyno and A/F?
Old 08-04-2003, 04:21 PM

Anyone????????
Old 08-04-2003, 04:28 PM

the MAFT will only adjust the output frequencies of the MAF to a value either rich or lean depending on which way you turn the ****. now without a scanner you wont really know which way to adjust the **** so you are basically guessing and if you guess the wrong way then there is a chance the car could go lean at WOT. if i were you id invest in a decent scanning utility for a laptop or a scanmaster before you go turning *****.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by turbo_Z
the MAFT will only adjust the output frequencies of the MAF to a value either rich or lean depending on which way you turn the ****. now without a scanner you wont really know which way to adjust the **** so you are basically guessing and if you guess the wrong way then there is a chance the car could go lean at WOT. if i were you id invest in a decent scanning utility for a laptop or a scanmaster before you go turning *****.
I will not be adjusting it,will have it done on the dyno!!