LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LT1 seems to be choking a little?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 06:37 PM

LT1 seems to be choking a little?

Could it be time for a tune-up. I bought the car a few weeks ago, and I've had LT1's before, but I have never felt one choke like this. Im thinking a simple plug & wire change will fix this. I've done every other tune-up imaginable. For the most part the car runs GREAT! But on occasion I feel it studder or choke.

Cory
Old 07-25-2003, 07:47 PM

You can try changing the fuel filter and cleaning intake with throttle body cleaner and also add I bottle of fuel injector cleaner. I always change plugs when I buy a car.

Goodluck!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:55 PM

OHHHH THAT CHOKING FEELING....

I am suspicious of fuel delivery. I felt that before many times on a carburated POS I used to own. I would run strong but on a hot day it would fall on its nose.

I could not figure it out for nothing... as soon as it got hot.. It would choke (thats what I thought).

Well I finally replaced the fuel filter since everything else had been replaced. including wires and plugs.

PROBLEM FIXED! The problem would return every summer though... so I busted a hole in the tiny fuel filter and I added a much larger fuel filter near the gas tank down the fuel line. I never had any problems ever again. My car Actually expired with over 200k miles in the odometer. R.I.P. my belovedl Ford Fiesta (it was an 18sec car on the quarter mile with my biggest mod being Splitfire/s!!!!!!

Fuel delivery was givin me that WONDERFUL CHOKIN FEELING

so Have you checked fuel presure yet?? are you firing in all injectors?? (mechanics sthetoscope will help you out) is the FPR receiving vacum? is it clogged?

how about exhaust leak making the PCM lean it out?

or maybe... just maybe.. the exhaust is plugged??

Like most experienced board members will tell you... is it throwing any codes?? I dont have a scanner just yet so I do everything the hard way... if you/ve got the cash I would recomend the scanmaster that Injuneer seems to like... The man knows his doo doo...ya know. Cast him an e-mail and maybe... just maybe he would answer your question without typing one zillion words like I do in my postings.

Hey Injuneer, YER DA MAN.....

Ohh Shoebox is also DA MAN (I remembered you so stop pouting! )

Marvin