LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

LS1 Lid to LT1 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 01:08 PM

LS1 Lid to LT1 Questions

OK guys I am in the process of doing a LS1 WS6 conversion to my 96. All I have left is the bumper cover, impact bar, and absorber bar. I have a LPE (ligenfelter) CAI that I am wanting to get rid of, B/c I am going to go with the LS1 induction look. My question is I know I need the piece that the AIRLID lays on (what is that called and where do I get it). Also My brothers both have LS1 SS's and I was looking at their induction and they have it setup were air comes from under the car to their airlid. I looked at my LT1 and there is no part where the air can come into the lid. Do I need to cut out that part to make air come to the AIRLID. I have seen many others on this board that have not done the LS1 conversion and that has stilll did the lid, So I know I should be able to. PLEASE help I am confused.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:40 PM

Re: LS1 Lid to LT1 Questions

Originally posted by T/A KID
OK guys I am in the process of doing a LS1 WS6 conversion to my 96. All I have left is the bumper cover, impact bar, and absorber bar. I have a LPE (ligenfelter) CAI that I am wanting to get rid of, B/c I am going to go with the LS1 induction look. My question is I know I need the piece that the AIRLID lays on (what is that called and where do I get it). Also My brothers both have LS1 SS's and I was looking at their induction and they have it setup were air comes from under the car to their airlid. I looked at my LT1 and there is no part where the air can come into the lid. Do I need to cut out that part to make air come to the AIRLID. I have seen many others on this board that have not done the LS1 conversion and that has stilll did the lid, So I know I should be able to. PLEASE help I am confused.
i have a 98 to 02 stock air box and brand new K&N filter for sale if you want it let me know