LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Long Tube guys, what setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by LPE Z convt
Their you go again showing you lack of knowledge ...... Cam must be made of tin... If that is isn't sarcasim then i would suggest you get someone to work on your car for you.. Get a degree then buy some mods and gain experience until then keep your stupid comments to your self...Later

by "their" you mean "there". "is isn't" is a double negative and generally frowned apon. and i believe thats not how you spell sarcasm
Old 01-20-2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by FacelessZ
LPE Z...you were already wrong for dropping the change you did on the Borla cat-back...and then adding long tubes to the mix...without even listening to the clip I be this guy is right...

Accept his opinion and move on with your life...

BACK TO THE THREAD!
Who are you to pass judgement borla is one of the best exhaust systems you can buy.. You are making comments on something you haven't heard... NOW BACK TO THE THREAD
Old 01-20-2004, 06:30 PM

Grow up
I'm not the one who paid out my @ss for parts from LPE that I could have gotten anywhere else for half the price...all except for their crappy cai...

JMO
Old 01-20-2004, 06:41 PM

I'm not the one who paid out my @ss for parts from LPE that I could have gotten anywhere else for half the price...all except for their crappy cai...

JMO
You get what you pay for.... If you are ever come through INDIANA after you install your cheap mods then drop me an email and we can see how much you really saved....
Old 01-20-2004, 06:43 PM

you are a joke.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:43 PM

You get what you pay for.... If you are ever come through INDIANA after you install your cheap mods then drop me an email and we can see how much you really saved....

Considering my aunt lives in Indianapolis (not knowing where your country town is) I'd have absolutely no problem showing you up...

Let's just say I've spent the money where it COUNTS and didn't just purchase a specific name so that I can call myself "LPE Z convt"

Old 01-20-2004, 06:52 PM

from now on im only going to buy GM parts from the dealer, its cheaper there right? maybe the premium means they look prettier. no you say? oh well, guess not
Old 01-20-2004, 06:53 PM

Considering my aunt lives in Indianapolis (not knowing where your country town is) I'd have absolutely no problem showing you up...

Let's just say I've spent the money where it COUNTS and didn't just purchase a specific name so that I can call myself "LPE Z convt"

Then you should be able to find LAFAYETTE its a real small country town next to purdue university... FYI i had my LPE top end kit long before i knew about this message board.. Shoot me an email when you get to indy .... Depending on what side Lafayette is like 1hr or so....
Old 01-20-2004, 06:56 PM

Then you should be able to find LAFAYETTE its a real small country town next to purdue university... FYI i had my LPE top end kit long before i knew about this message board.. Shoot me an email when you get to indy .... Depending on what side Lafayette is like 1hr or so....
By the time I make it up there WITH my Z I'd already have Lloyd Elliott ported heads to match my XE 230/236 and I'd be bored over to a 355...all done at a fraction of the cost of the overpriced LPE line and STILL whooping you...

Just for $hits and giggles, what did you pay for those heads of yours?
Old 01-20-2004, 07:02 PM

You know so much about LPE and his high prices i thought you would know the answer.... You will need more than that but you are welcome to try...... Don't forget to email me when you reach indy
Old 01-20-2004, 07:05 PM

You know so much about LPE and his high prices i thought you would know the answer.... You will need more than that but you are welcome to try...... Don't forget to email me when you reach indy
I'd be afraid to post the prices too...
Old 01-20-2004, 07:44 PM

I'm not a fan of Borla exhausts on F-bodies when you run them open. It sounds like an old UPS truck.

Just my .02
Old 01-21-2004, 09:27 AM

I thought it sounded pretty good.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:10 AM

I personally love the soundof true duals with bullets. Granted if its not your daily driver it might be slightly much but thats half the fun. Dropping the jaw on people when you drive by.

I was also thinking about running Long Tubes and Purple Hornie Header Mufflers and thats it there like a Glasspack but a little differnt. I dont know if there would be a loss of low end over an X pipe but it would sound huge. This is the set up that is going on my Truck after they arrive and ill put a link up to them.

Later,
-JOhn
Old 01-21-2004, 10:23 AM

LOL, i was wondering how this thread was stuck on 10 post then jumped to 42 over night...let me know when you guys run, i'll drive over from ohio

Quick Reply: Long Tube guys, what setup?