LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Lloyd Elliot vs Advance Induction (AI)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:47 PM

Lloyd Elliot vs Advance Induction (AI)

I am down to the wire and trying to decide between these two for Head/Cam package and porting my intake. I know they both do impeccable work, but I was wondering if anybody ever has any basis for comparison between the two and/or recommendations and why.

Thanks!!
Old 04-04-2005, 01:05 PM

Re: Lloyd Elliot vs Advance Induction (AI)

although both are skilled as you said i give the nod to lloyd. he seems to have a lot faster turn around time than ai does. and when he posted on here in the past phil (ai) always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. lloyd will be doing my stuff when my motor finally croaks. i talk to him quite a bit about stuff and he will absolutely be honest with you on what he thinks of something. he also very much stands behind his work and if theres a problem he'll treat you how he wants to be treated. i have no info on how ai treats things in that regaurd but i have to assume it must be similar.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:07 PM

I researched both extensively when I was gonna ship mine off (decided on actually buying a ported set for the 0 downtime) and came to the conclusion that you can't go wrong with either one. Lloyd is more budget oriented and will still get good results. I've heard that AI is better at porting and will actually reach better results, but their is also a jump in price. Can't go wrong with either one.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned

Other than I have a little more riding on Lloyd, and I'm much more bias when it comes to head/cam packages. (I wonder why?) I have seen both guys work in hand and have flowed them on a neutral bench. Both do a very good job, flow similar numbers and get similar rwhp numbers now. Look at the prices, and the overall package and make the choice from there.

Bret
Old 04-04-2005, 01:47 PM

Its really going to come down to how much you have and who you prefer. Both are very well skilled and can't go wrong with either.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:57 PM

This post belongs up there with the "Which cat back is best for my car?" posts.

This question has been beaten to death along with the Madwolf vs PCMForLess and hotcam posts.

6th icon from the left is "Search" will yield a book full of information if used properly. It doesn't help that people continue to answer the questions either. This is the reason that the LT1 Tech forum has lost it's "Tech"
Old 04-04-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
This post belongs up there with the "Which cat back is best for my car?" posts.

This question has been beaten to death along with the Madwolf vs PCMForLess and hotcam posts.

6th icon from the left is "Search" will yield a book full of information if used properly. It doesn't help that people continue to answer the questions either. This is the reason that the LT1 Tech forum has lost it's "Tech"

Actually I did do a search, I just was asking for people's objective opinion between the two. Who are you to decide what is tech or not. I thought this was a board where people helped one another out. Maybe its people like you that are the reason that people become so damn cynical.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:23 PM

IMO - they'll both do roughly the same work for a BIG price difference. If you're bent on saving money, go with Lloyd. If you want to go all out-ish then go get some AFR 210's and send them to Lloyd

Just my opinion, AI is a tad overpriced
Old 04-04-2005, 02:31 PM

i think these type of threads shouldnt be aloud. ive seen em on othe website sites and they do nothing but start fights. "VS" always start fights...jmho
Old 04-04-2005, 02:33 PM

Lloyd did my LT1 heads for my 93. He also ported my Honda head for my crotch rocket.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by tardy007
Actually I did do a search, I just was asking for people's objective opinion between the two. Who are you to decide what is tech or not. I thought this was a board where people helped one another out. Maybe its people like you that are the reason that people become so damn cynical.

Ok fair enough - what is the "Technical" question that you need answered? Could it be "how to use search?"

Or, is asking an opinion on base services "Technical" to you?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Both do very good work...I went with lloyd because it saved me $1,000. I must say, the pictures I got from AI of their CNC AFR's looked bling bling

Last edited by RealQuick; 04-04-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:15 PM

It must be nice to have time to sit around using the search function, then sift through BS threads and posts all day. Must also be nice to have the time or bordem to self elect ones-self to discipline other, equal board members. Thanks to posts like this I decided to go with Lloyd and got an awesome set of heads for an awesome price. The next set goes to him as well.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:17 PM

Here's some ok shots of my LE heads... http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...835_5_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...835_6_full.jpg

Last edited by Myxtreme1; 04-04-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Myxtreme1
It must be nice to have time to sit around using the search function, then sift through BS threads and posts all day. Must also be nice to have the time or bordem to self elect ones-self to discipline other, equal board members. Thanks to posts like this I decided to go with Lloyd and got an awesome set of heads for an awesome price. The next set goes to him as well.
Thanks for everyone's opinions. I was leaning towards Lloyd early this morning, started to lean toward AI later and now beginning to lean towards Lloyd again. The CNC at AI though is soo tempting though.

Quick Reply: Lloyd Elliot vs Advance Induction (AI)