LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

lakewood d/s loop, who's using one

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:35 PM

lakewood d/s loop, who's using one

I'm thinking of getting a d/s loop for my Formula. I've been looking at the one made by lakewood part # 18022. It looks like this:

How is the fit of this loop those of you that are using it? Will it fit on cars that have KBDDSFC's? I don't have a g-load brace but plan to get one at a later time. Will a g-load brace also work with this d/s loop? Please give me some responses as I would like to place the order tomorrow for this loop or another if you know of a better product. Thanks.

Last edited by Cman; 07-21-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:23 PM

I also have KBDDSFB's and am interested in a DS safety loop. So...TTT for ya.

PS Sorry I couldn't help
Old 07-21-2003, 11:24 PM

I got the loop w/ SLP Triangular Subframes and they work fine, the loop replaces the g-load brace since it is much stronger than the stock POS. Its a nice loop.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by Fast S/C '94Z
I got the loop w/ SLP Triangular Subframes and they work fine, the loop replaces the g-load brace since it is much stronger than the stock POS. Its a nice loop.
The stock POS I take it that you are referring to the flat plate that bolts underneath the car and the exhaust pipe runs above it right? So basically with the d/s loop installed you can eliminate that piece and there is no need to install a g-load brace since the loop will perform both functions?
Old 07-22-2003, 06:38 AM

Sort of.
I have a Granatelli Gload brace on my car now and it is much beefier than a DS loop would be but for drag racing it aint gonna matter, I have been toying with the idea of putting a loop in mine and was looking at some different ones.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:15 PM

picked up the loop last night, got the car up in the air tonight to test fit the pieces and it looks good. seems to fit pretty well.

I'm going to prime and paint the pieces of the loop first before I install it onto my car. Tomorrow I will need to hit the hardware store to get 4 longer bolts (the ones that bolt the flat piece of metal to the floor of the car). I have the DD connectors so with them installed on the car already plus the pieces for the loop the OE bolts are too short.

Once I get the longer bolts and have the pieces painted nice the install should go fairly smoothly.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:29 PM

loop's in, one of the easier things that I've installed on this car and others and fits very nice.

The only things I had to do different was run a tap through the bolt holes on the loop where the bolts go through and also the mounting holes under the car where the OE bolts went. It just makes things easier to bolt together when you know the bolts are threading in nice without binding.

I didn't install the flat piece of metal under the car though, I see no need to put it back in now since the loop is tied between the two mounting points under the car. I'm pretty sure that down the road I will get a g-load brace and will install that too with the loop and my connectors.

a highly recommended mod.