LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

jet hot long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 04:43 PM

jet hot long tubes

hello everyone tomorrow i will be installing my jet hot long tubes.i have acess to a lift,air tools etc... are their any hints or secrets you guys maybe can tell me to make the job a little easier?iam pretty excited. what needs to be removed? passenger side goes in first? thank you so so much
Old 08-25-2003, 04:50 PM

On my car, didnt have to jack up the driver's side and the header slid righ in the bottom. Passenger side, jack the engine up about 3-4in (you may not need to since you're using a lift) and it should slide right in. For me the bellhousing was in the way and the collector couldnt slide into place due to inadequate room b/w the bellhousing and k-member. Thats basically it. I deleted the AIR, EGR and cats so those were all out along with the dipstick, alternator and the induction parts before the TB for added room to work. The install is fairly straightforward though. Good Luck.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:25 PM

I JUST finished mine yesterday. I have to say goodluck to you cuz for me it sucked. I dont wanna work on another vehicle for atleast a month. But it was my first time and I was by myself. It can be done, so definately do it yourself. But on the passenger side put all the spark plugs on, EXCEPT the one furthest back, before you put the header on. This only applies if you are changing them out, but why not do that since your in there. Oh and use alot of Liquid Wrench or WD-40 or whatever you use. Just about ALL the exhaust bolts are rusted solid. So soak then in the stuff the day before you start, it makes it so much easier. Oh and again, goodluck to ya.