LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

I Love Slp!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 02:40 PM

I Love Slp!

I got the custom spark plug socket from SLP in yesterday. Took me about 15 minutes to change plug #6....I had been trying for a month to get this goddamn plug. I finally put down the 28 bucks, and it was worth every penny. Finally got all 8 plugs changed

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=30102

Last edited by 95BlackTA; 12-16-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:46 PM

I hate SLP. They cant ever do anything right. Long story, do a search on why SLP sucks. Im not the only one.

Also,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2447975092
Old 12-16-2003, 02:52 PM

I won't do business with them if I can avoid it. Simply because I recently (last week) called to place an order for take-off shocks. I was told that it would be two weeks before they shipped it.

Two weeks?

So I told the guy to cancel my order, and he balked and said for $10 extra bucks, he could get it out the next day... Because I couldn't afford a more expensive set of shocks, I went ahead and paid it.

Still, where along the way did it become OK for a company to delay shipping a customer's item by two weeks in an attempt to get them to pay extra to get their item shipped in a timely manner?

That's gouging IMO.

And for that reason alone, I'll NEVER do business with them if I can help it.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:54 PM

Yea ive heard horror stories with them. Im just glad they didnt screw me. Got my package pretty quick, and it was smaller than I thought it was....which was good.
Too bad I didnt think to search ebay before I bought it, oh well.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:56 PM

Got your package quickly? Maybe they are starting to change things around. GOod to hear, and i bet its a great feeling getting your final plug done
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM

I wonder if your thinking of the #5 plug instead (driver side third one back) That's the one I really needed their socket for. I ended up making my own the first time I changed plugs with them out of an old 1/2" drive 5/8" socket, it gets the job done
Old 12-16-2003, 03:43 PM

Thunder Racing is Better
Old 12-16-2003, 03:45 PM

SLP sells Moostang parts! I had to wait for like a month for my Loudmouth
Old 12-16-2003, 04:03 PM

I like 'em. Where else can you get takeoff springs and shocks for only a few bucks because you (me?) were stupid enough to throw out the stockers when you put on aftermarket parts and want to go back to stock afterwards? They're great if you want takeoff parts.

I also think their part quality (headers, exhaust in my case) and engineering is quite good, and haven't been disappointed by them.

My $.02, seems everyone else dislikes them.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:52 PM

No, passenger side, second from firewall(#6). I could get a wrench on there, but it was too tight and couldnt get torque behind it. So this did the job.

And yes, it fells sooooo good to finally get all the plugs done.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by americanmusscle
Thunder Racing is Better
All the way.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:26 PM

Thunder racing is the best aftermaket dealer to deal with hands down never had a problem with them and i have placed many orders they have all my money
Old 12-16-2003, 07:09 PM

I would probably buy a lot of SLP stuff, but it seems so expensive. I know this sounds gay, but I wanted one of those SLP license plate frames. So I go on their website, figure they might send one if you buy a decent amount of stuff. NOPE! The frame itself is $10, plus $7.95 shipping. lmfao, for almost $18 they can shove that frame up their *** I think the subframe connectors that bolt on for my car were $300 plus shipping. Oh well, if I ever have some money burning a hole in my pocket, I may buy those subframe connectors and bitch until they throw in the license plate frame
Old 12-16-2003, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by LWillmann
I won't do business with them if I can avoid it. Simply because I recently (last week) called to place an order for take-off shocks. I was told that it would be two weeks before they shipped it.

Two weeks?

So I told the guy to cancel my order, and he balked and said for $10 extra bucks, he could get it out the next day... Because I couldn't afford a more expensive set of shocks, I went ahead and paid it.

Still, where along the way did it become OK for a company to delay shipping a customer's item by two weeks in an attempt to get them to pay extra to get their item shipped in a timely manner?

That's gouging IMO.

And for that reason alone, I'll NEVER do business with them if I can help it.
The week before Christmas + ground shipping via US Mail + website shows them closed for the Holiday = Legit time window...

I'd say the guy wasn't going to build up your expectations, but offered you shipping through a Fed-ex type deal, which of course would cost more $

Seems too logical a scenario to ignore..
Old 12-16-2003, 10:19 PM

I recently purchased Loudmouth the 7th of December from them, and it is now the 16th and its not supose to be here untill the 19th, or so the Tracking on UPS says, but i wasn't to mad about the slow shipping, because it snowed, and my car never leaves home when it snows. I think there service isn't great but there products are awesome.

Quick Reply: I Love Slp!