LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

how do i take off this oil cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 PM

how do i take off this oil cooler?

so i get to working on y car and i thnk i found my problem of how im getting oil into my radiator. it has got to be this stupid oil cooler. i removed my oil filter and there was all kinds of coolant that came out with the oil from the oil cooler lines going to the radiator. so that has to be my problem right? wel i removed my filter and i cant get this oil cooler off. theres no bolts or anything just the cooler and a huge nut that has threads where the oil filter threads to and the lines. i read on here that some guys said the oil cooler twists off but i cant see any possible way it would do that since i has the lines and the oil pan is in the way. how the F do i get this thing off? please let em know asap i only have today to fix it thanks.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 PM

do i have to take off that big nut that the oil filter threads to? i only have 7/8" socket and 19mm which neither is big enough it looks like bigger than 1 inch deep well is needed but i dont have one. Do i have to take this off? and after i do will it just fall off and i can remove it or what elese do i have to do
Old 06-10-2008, 02:34 PM

use search function
Old 06-10-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by BUBBA
use search function
Yeah, real of you to be a jerk. I don't see why people like you insist on wasting your time (and everyone elses for that matter) by posting crap like that.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...ove+oil+cooler

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...ove+oil+cooler

Those should help you. For future reference, the search feature will be your greatest tool on these forums.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 PM

Why would you even bother to post "use a search"?
Save your time and dont be an dick to people in need of help.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:29 PM

Hey A$$ O, I was trying to be helpful. There are alot of posts regarding the oil coolers. I even went there myself to see if I could find something for him, but only he knows what he is seeing. There is a reason for the Search Function. I otta kick ur......
Old 06-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by BUBBA
Hey A$$ O, I was trying to be helpful. There are alot of posts regarding the oil coolers. I even went there myself to see if I could find something for him, but only he knows what he is seeing. There is a reason for the Search Function. I otta kick ur......
You weren't trying to be helpful at all. You were trying to be . I don't believe you searched for it to help him, because within five minutes I found two threads that probably helped him more than your poor answer did.

On top of that, if you read his original post, you'll see that he said he's read some stuff about it on here, and he's still having problems. Try not to be a jerk and be helpful.

Although I've never taken it off, it looks like you need to just disconnect the lines and remove that nut. GM likes to use oddball sizes, I'd imagine it's something like 27mm or 1 1/16" lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:46 PM

wanna piece a me, eh? eh?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:57 PM

I was contributing to this site before you had your first wet....

And....the Administrators of this site always advise that one does an initial search.....it isn't really that hard for most normal people. Go to the Search and type in: oil cooler removal "Go" Now that wasn't that hard was it?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:03 PM

I'm pretty sure you're a complete moron. If you had read his original post, he said he's read about it on here already. The administrators also say don't post ridiculous crap, but that doesn't stop you. So yeah... basically you're an idiot.

To the OP: Sorry for junking up your thread, hopefully you'll have better luck getting it off now.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:07 PM

ur pretty tuff guy huh?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:09 PM

thanks for backin' me up guys
Old 06-10-2008, 05:17 PM

Not to get into your little tiffle, but bubba has been very helpful to me on many ocassions. I was not aware of the search function when I got on here and I still do not like going through tons of threads to find my problem. I can see where you are both comming from, but one thing that isnt is junking up someone elses post. This site should have a thread section that is just for starting **** with other people. Good luck with the oil cooler.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:35 PM

Hey, guys, take it easy on Bubba. He has been a regular contributor for many years and I have benefited from his advice on more than one occasion. He's a good egg.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:52 PM

I'm fully aware of his ability to contribute, which both of you spoke of. However, the point is: he didn't contribute in a positive way, and that's not a good way to be a part of a community, now is it?

Quick Reply: how do i take off this oil cooler?