LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

How big of an Injector......

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 08:31 PM

Question How big of an Injector......

Hey guys. I am still running my stock 24# injectors that came with the car (heads/hotcam now) 10 years ago. I am going to go bigger and was wondering if there are any disadvantages to going bigger than I need for my set up just incase I do something in the future that may require a bigger injector so I don't spend $$ twice on injectors.. I don't forsee a issue with that and I know I will need tuning but otherwise is there anything you's might have expierienced doing this I'd appreciate hearing your points.

Thanks
Eddie
Old 10-05-2004, 08:53 PM

Re: How big of an Injector......

This issue has come up COUNTLESS times in the past. Do a search first and if you cant find the info you are looking for, then post a new thread. I know you will find what you need though because this question has come up on the board numerous times. You dont look like a new member to this site or anything so please put some effort in a search

Brandon
Old 10-05-2004, 09:01 PM

I'd just go with some 30# Ford SVO injectors. I doubt you will max them out unless you hit 420+ RWHP NA.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:50 PM

Question Re: How big of an Injector......

Originally Posted by trans9_5am
This issue has come up COUNTLESS times in the past. Do a search first and if you cant find the info you are looking for, then post a new thread. I know you will find what you need though because this question has come up on the board numerous times. You dont look like a new member to this site or anything so please put some effort in a search

Brandon
No I am not a new member and yes I did try a search but for some reason it wasn't going through.. It happens sometimes. (for me) Maybe something on my end, maybe not. Not sure why. Please, with all do respect, why bother with a reply like this? I know people do time and time again multiple re-posts of topics and I say to myself that I have seen it time and time again but I refrain from comments, for one cause it's not my place and two maybe they too have a problem with the search feature and third and most importantly I don't care nor should I. It's called respect that I keep non important issues like yours to myself. And It's never for a lack of effort with me.

Thanks for the help

Also I just checked your public profile and in it I clicked on the link to all of your threads you started and it listed them out for me and I too found that you posted questions about topics that have already been discussed....

Hmmm..... I'll refrain from here on out...

Last edited by Smokn '94 Z; 10-06-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:44 AM

The only reason i said something about this one is because it comes up at least once every two days, if not once a day in some cases. If the search doesnt work for you then my fault for saying that but i have never had a problem with it. I knew that a search would bring up more than enough info regarding this topic, that is why i suggested it, not just one reply like you have recieved so far.

As you can see, i had a smily face at the end of my post so no need to get all upset about this. And i ALWAYS do a search before i post a thread about something that i think has been discussd but if im not 100% sure ive found the exact answer ive been looking for, then i start a thread.

Your right, its not really my place to say anything about this but when there are hunderds of threads started a day, regarding the same topics, it should be known to everyone that the search engine can help. Sorry didnt know it was not working for you but hopefully someone else read this thread and learned that the search is a very helpful tool.

Didnt mean to mess your thread up. Its all good bro.

Now back to your topic. You can never go to big on the injectors unless they are way out of our HP range, say 72 lb/hr in your case. I would say atleast go with a nice set of 36's but first i would like to know what your plans are for the future? You said you want to go bigger than the hotcam in the future, but what is that referring to? How big do you want to go?

Brandon
Old 10-06-2004, 04:56 PM

not to highjack the thread but I'm putting out 380 RWHP and was going to go with the 30# injectors...I plan on spraying soon, should I so with bigger injectors??
Old 10-06-2004, 09:14 PM

No, 30#'ers will be fine, just run a wet kit for the extra fuel.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 PM

Thumbs up Re: How big of an Injector......

Originally Posted by trans9_5am
The only reason i said something about this one is because it comes up at least once every two days, if not once a day in some cases. If the search doesnt work for you then my fault for saying that but i have never had a problem with it. I knew that a search would bring up more than enough info regarding this topic, that is why i suggested it, not just one reply like you have recieved so far.

As you can see, i had a smily face at the end of my post so no need to get all upset about this. And i ALWAYS do a search before i post a thread about something that i think has been discussd but if im not 100% sure ive found the exact answer ive been looking for, then i start a thread.

Your right, its not really my place to say anything about this but when there are hunderds of threads started a day, regarding the same topics, it should be known to everyone that the search engine can help. Sorry didnt know it was not working for you but hopefully someone else read this thread and learned that the search is a very helpful tool.

Didnt mean to mess your thread up. Its all good bro.

Now back to your topic. You can never go to big on the injectors unless they are way out of our HP range, say 72 lb/hr in your case. I would say atleast go with a nice set of 36's but first i would like to know what your plans are for the future? You said you want to go bigger than the hotcam in the future, but what is that referring to? How big do you want to go?

Brandon
I don't think I would have replyed like I did to you if it wasn't for that " Put some effort into it" statement. It was a bad, hard physical day at work and that along with some bad family news I guess I just needed to vent towards someones statements, that have no Idea what may be going on with me at that time... I never publicly burst out on someone ever. I normally would have private messaged you telling how I felt so it didn't become a big flame war here in public. I apolpgize...

I am considering with in a year or so on doing a 383 build up with forged internals big cam to go with consistant 150 shots. I was thinking of going with 30#ers for my Hot Cam/GTP Head Setup I am running now. I am still running these 24# stockers that are original and I am just trying to get the car running to full potential to try to get my track # I am confidant I can get. I also Have a Racetronics Fuel pump I am going to install soon along with a few other things to one more time attempt to get my time I am shooting for with this little Hot Cam. (11.99 or better) From what I am gathering A good set of 36#'s would do me just fine for now and for my possible 383 so I may just get those..

Sound good?
Thanks Brandon...