LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

How bad does 100% humidity effect performance.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 03:18 PM

How bad does 100% humidity effect performance.

I have a slight rough idle while it's in drive and replaced just about everything now and thought maybe it's Florida's swamp like enviroment that's doing it. Some times it's fine and other times there a slight roughness. On days it's dryer out the car seems to run alot nicer. Mornings when the air is thick with moisture is when it idles the worst. Anybody else notice this or am I retarded? Of course the only part not new or cleaned is the opti!
Old 02-14-2003, 03:41 PM

It's not near as humid in Texas as it is in Florida but I have noticed the same thing. When it's raining outside my car seems to almost surge at an idle. It only does this when its raining here. I always thought it was because the opti is mounted so low and there isn't a splash guard on our cars. I guess it could be the humidity.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:49 PM

Unhappy Humidity DOES affect performance.

Yes ineed it unfornutaly does. WHat humidity does is rob the air of oxygen molecules, which btw are needed for combustion. Well when there is more moisture in the air, there is less oxygen, cus everything takes up space. But yours seemed to be more opti derived, or you could have a vaccume leak.... you should check it out.