LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

This guys is too much......

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 04:03 PM

This guys is too much......

If you guys been following my posts and helping as you all do, listen to this. This is a true car lover and benefit to this board. I had broke my waterpump drive retainer on Sat. trying to put my motor together. I couldnt find the part anywhere. I posted my prob on this board. This Dude...Polcat1p tell me he has the part and asks me if 5 bucks is okay. The dealer I think wants like 90. I was like hell yeah. He knew I needed it by the weekend and as he was Im'n me he was telling his wife if she could send this out to me. I get a message from him saying this today.

Hey what's up. My wife went to ship the part out for you today (tue),and I told her to overnight it, and they told her it was going to be $80 to do so. She did not think you would want to pay that kind of money for a part that weighs less than a pound plus she didn't have $80 on her. What she did was 2nd day it to you, it should be there thus. morning. It was like $17.80 to do that. Just give me $18 total for the part including shipping. Sorry, hope this works for you.
Let me know?
Thanks Chad

Are you kidding me. He was gonna do it all for nothing. Of course I gotta send him a souvenier from Hawaii.

What ever happened to people like this ...?

Thanks again Chad...YOU da man!!!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:27 PM

dude.......if you wanted to get it quick whats wrong with 20 bucks instead of paying 90$ from the RIP-OFF-Company!!!
i woulda said to jsut sent reg mail but at least you still got it for like 3/4 less!!!
but if it was me i wouldnt get that mad!!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:55 PM

There is a few good people like that on this board..
Old 11-04-2003, 05:04 PM

i bought an LS1 driveshaft from a guy who drove almost 1.5 hours to bring it to me!

once in awhile the good people make up for the scammers.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:25 PM

crAzy95z28
dude.......if you wanted to get it quick whats wrong with 20 bucks instead of paying 90$ from the RIP-OFF-Company!!!
Umm i dont think he had a problem with paying 20dollars.
Peace
Omar
Old 11-04-2003, 06:28 PM

I sold mine's for $10 shipped.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:56 PM

Sounds like a good guy. The place his wife went to was Full of s*** though. I work at a UPS Store and she could of put it in a Next Day Letter envelope and sent it to you for like $25. But at least the 2nd day air price is right. I read a few of your previous post. Good luck with the car, hope it runs good.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by crAzy95z28
i woulda said to jsut sent reg mail but at least you still got it for like 3/4 less!!!
but if it was me i wouldnt get that mad!!
Uhhhhh dude......did you read the post or what? I think you missed the whole thing. I couldn't ask for anything more bud. The dude is awesome. DIdn't you see all the

YES it is good to see that there is people like this still around. True car lovers who knows how it feels to be in need.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:42 PM

No problem man. Hope you get your car on the road soon.
talk to you later.
Chad
Old 11-04-2003, 10:40 PM

I think shipping anything for $20 to HAWAII is a pretty good price for 2nd day. Good guy.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by drewstealth
Sounds like a good guy. The place his wife went to was Full of s*** though. I work at a UPS Store and she could of put it in a Next Day Letter envelope and sent it to you for like $25. But at least the 2nd day air price is right. I read a few of your previous post. Good luck with the car, hope it runs good.
how much difference in price is there in your UPS store and the UPS customer counter? I work at UPS on the inside and I asked the counter guys about the price differential, as someone told me it would be the same price. They told me the UPS store tried to charge someone $95 for a next day air package, and the counter price was $27.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:02 PM

I got lucky on my very first sale on Ebay. Sold a tow hitch to a guy fo $40. Found out next day that shipping was almost as much as the selling price, so I damn near GAVE it to him. Didn't really complain about it to the guy because it was my fault for not knowing how much shipping would be. But low and behold the guy sent me a check for the shipping on it a week later. I couldn't believe it.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:22 PM

Dunno if you guys saw my location but Hawaii does play a big part in shipping charges. I could care less about the price (which is a damn good price). It was the fact that he did all this for me in less than 24 hours for NOTHING!! Had to find the part.....have his wife take it to ship and then figure out how to get it to me for the cheapest price by the weekened. All for SQUANTO, NADA, ZILCH!!. Thats how fellow Camaro enthusiasts should be to one another. Not like some guys in the parts for sale section rippin dudes off. I couldn't have dreamed for a better ending to my problem.

Thanks again CHAD
Old 11-05-2003, 02:03 AM

Originally posted by Jay-Roll
I think shipping anything for $20 to HAWAII is a pretty good price for 2nd day. Good guy.

Yeah I saw that, it was my whole point.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:12 AM

Originally posted by Laymaster
how much difference in price is there in your UPS store and the UPS customer counter? I work at UPS on the inside and I asked the counter guys about the price differential, as someone told me it would be the same price. They told me the UPS store tried to charge someone $95 for a next day air package, and the counter price was $27.
Yes, it is supposed to be the exact same price that you would get at the UPS Hub. We don't have any upcharge anymore. The cheapest way is to just do it all online and to drop it off at a UPS Store. In fact if a UPS Store is caught doing that puposely then there contract is automatically pulled and there store is sold. It is in the contract that you have to sign in order to become a UPS Store.

Quick Reply: This guys is too much......