LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Goodbye, old friend

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 12:59 PM

Re: Goodbye, old friend

Sounds strange they "sold" it before the final paper work was done. It's not technically their's until they pay for it. At least you did get a good price for it.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ADOR
Sounds strange they "sold" it before the final paper work was done. It's not technically their's until they pay for it. At least you did get a good price for it.
They had title in hand and the agreed value check was 'on its' way'. Probably wasn't underhanded but just timing...
Old 08-22-2017, 12:28 AM

BW, dang. Sorry to read your story. Your car looked good (like the green) and the LT1 Trans Am's were much better looking than the LS1 version. First time I've seen Camaro SS wheels on a Pontiac (I have the same on my '97 Z28).

Time to move on, as you said. I've thought of selling my Camaro for a newer one then the part of me that wanted it in the first place keeps telling me there's fewer and fewer of these left anymore. So I still have it.

What a bad way to separate from a car you like/love. Thanks for the advise you've given others on this site. I've only been around 3 years or so but recognize your name. Hope you can stick around to help some more.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:01 PM

Really does suck to have a car destroyed like that. At least you're not hurt and you've got the Vette to toy around with if you so desire.

I've thought of selling mine a few times, however, I've wanted a 4th gen Z28 ever since I saw them in '92 just out of high school. Finally got one in '99(traded in my '96 Camaro 3.8, 5M, Y87 on it...bought that new).

So...I think I'd regret it if I sold it. Not to mention...
  • It's paid for....can't see throwing out 15-30K on a used Vette to start over again with the mods. I think it's also easier to pull the engine/trans out of an F-body compared to a Y-body.
  • I know this thing inside out and am tooled up to fix anything that goes wrong with it(except for engine machining.....I can only dream of ever getting the money and space to do that....).
  • Something to wrench on as I get older
  • There is plenty of HP left in the LT1 to pull out...and if that is not enough, I'll throw an LS3 in it at some point.

I think I'll keep it until I kick the bucket. At that point the wife can bury me in it or sell it.

Last edited by ACE1252; 09-16-2017 at 02:13 PM.