LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Fuel line quick connects

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 09:34 PM

Fuel line quick connects

Where can I get a disconnect at the for the feed fuel line that clamps onto the regulator? I just have a 5/16 hose slid over it now that is clamped, and I would like it to look better, and not leak,
Old 11-09-2003, 09:46 PM

Any auto parts store should carry it.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:47 PM

How does it connect to my current 3/8 hose fitting? I tried to get one at discount auto and they didnt have anything close.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:03 PM

Did you or someone cut the fuel lines,because my fuel lines say non repairable. If the connectors are still there( should be two ) then go to autozone or something and get the cheap
$6 fuel line tool, it looks like a pair of scissors.
Chad
Old 11-09-2003, 10:09 PM

There are no connectors, this is in a truck with a lt1 swap, not a fbody.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:10 PM

I'm assuming you have a hybrid connection to the rails without the stock coupling on the supply line side. I don't know anyone that makes a comparable connector to snap onto the rails. The dealer sells them only as one piece with the lines.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:12 PM

Hmm, so my best bet would to be find someone with a parts car and grab the lines, then mate it with my fuel filter connection.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:15 PM

Sorry, I thought you were talink about the fuel disconnect tool.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by slmdgmc
Hmm, so my best bet would to be find someone with a parts car and grab the lines, then mate it with my fuel filter connection.
Yeah, if you could find a donor car, you could get a length of the hose with the connector on it. Be sure an look inside the connector to make sure it has all the clips in it and no broken ones. You can't buy the clips separately, either. I would bet you could use a brass hose barb to couple the nylon hose to your other line or whatevery you have.

On the 4th gen, the flexible hose connects to a steel line that is under the car, just under the driver's seat. If you wanted the line intact, that is where you would take it loose. You might also need the disconnect tool mentioned if it was still connected to the fuel rail at the manifold. That's the only way to get it loose from there. There are different varieties/shapes of disconnect tools.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:41 PM

Right now I have hard line running up to the firewall, then about a 12" section of fuel injection rubber hose that runs to the regulator and return. it is just stuck on and hose clamped now. What I really want to do is go to an entire braided setup with both lines, but i will wait on that till later down the road.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:49 PM

On my LT1 swap I looked forever for this (I didn't want to get braided hose because of the price). I got some of the original plastic fuel line with the plastic quick-disconnect fittings. I went to the wreckers also to try and find those plastic fittings, but none were large enough for the feed line. (by the way, the black plastic ones that use the plastic clip will replace the original LT1 stainless w/ the chrome? end ones fine). I got them from:

http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/04fuel/fittings.htm

You heat up the plastic and push it onto the barb fitting. They say use hot water, but I found a good heat gun until it gets too hot to touch (on just the end or it kinks) and it fits very tight.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:54 PM

What was the number for the return and the feed? Those are perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Did you just heat them up and use no hose clamps at all?
Old 11-09-2003, 11:00 PM

Looks like that could be the answer.

Remember that the supply line is 3/8 and the return line is 5/16.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:11 AM

Yeah, I used a heat gun and heated about the last 3/4" or so (and the heat traveled the last 1/4 just enough, any more and it kinks as you push it on as hard as you can), as soon as the end starts smoking just a little it's plenty soft to push on, you don't have to get it quite that hot but it made it easier. A blow dryer might work too, but it has to be very hot. If it's not hot enough it'll only go on like the first barb, then it cools within seconds and its stuck halfway on and you have to cut it off and try again. They say it's ok if it spins on it because it won't leak, but mine have been tight enough not to move. Also, you have to get the 5/16 fitting to 3/8 line for the return (they only have one diameter of plastic line).
Old 11-10-2003, 04:42 PM

I found some generic Ford/GM/Chrysler fuel injection fittings at pep boys today. I grabbed a 3/8 pipe connect to a 3/8 fuel line and it worked perfect. It feels loose on the connection at the regulator though, as I can wiggle it around, but it does not leak at all. Is this the way it should be?

Quick Reply: Fuel line quick connects