LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

elitesparkplugs.com wires

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 01:32 PM

elitesparkplugs.com wires

alright, so I am thinkin about switching to this brand, any helpfull hints? Should I go over the valve cover, or stock running? I am getting long tubes, which longtubes are over the valve cover friendly, my RK sports are not. Is pacesetter quick trip long tubes OVC friendly? I am leaning towards those right now, and maybe dynatech. Is the chrome cool, or gey? Should I get the heat shield or not? I want answers damnit! hehe just kidding, but opinions and experiences are welcomed!
Thanks!
Cody
Old 11-12-2005, 01:34 PM

Re: elitesparkplugs.com wires

My friend is running Jet-Hots I believe....with the chrome OTVC wires. They look pretty sharp, not ricey at all. I'm running Taylor OTVC wires with my Pacesetter LTs. When I change wires, I will probably go with the same ones he has.

Definitely go OTVC...
Old 11-12-2005, 01:38 PM

I bought my otvc wire set from elitesparkplugs.com to accompany my header install. The price of the wires is very reasonable and they are already premade so it saves you time/trouble as compared to buying a universal set and making your own. I ordered mine in red and they look pretty good considering the car is black and all. They get complements any time I pop the hood.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:08 PM

I have 9mm blue with heat shield for when I finally get my headers installed. they look nice and will go well with the silver of the body and the black I am getting my intake powdercoated. if you're running LT's get the OTVC, and the heat shield is good to help insure the wires won't melt down from header heat.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:25 PM

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I got my wires with the heat shielding as well. It cost a little extra money, but it insures the wires up to 1200 degrees and it is well worth it if you have headers in my opinion.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:28 PM

so pacesetter quick trips are ok to use with over the valve cover wires? is the chrome wires heat shield still chrome?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by firebirdStud
so pacesetter quick trips are ok to use with over the valve cover wires? is the chrome wires heat shield still chrome?
Yes, the otvc wires will work with the pacesetter quick trips. The "heat shield" is actually like a high-temp fabric so it should still be chrome. My wires were red and the "high temp" insulation was red as well.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:37 PM

good good news. I was leanin towards pacesetter, as I might be able to get some at a decent price. Thanks all who helped! oh crap waite, where should I get the wire looms? I want kick butt looking ones!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:32 PM

Yeah i was wondering were you buy the wire looms from.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:41 PM

someone else on this board got some and was upset because the chrome with heat shield look a lot like braided steel. it's up to you, but the heat shield is definately something you should get with headers.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Quickss96
Yeah i was wondering were you buy the wire looms from.
I picked up the wire looms from www.thunderracing.com, they ran about 50.00 for a set. Give them a call, their customer service is awesome, they will get you what you need.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:49 AM

well, thanks for all the good info people! I really appreciate it. Looks like I can start getting my christmas want list together now for sure!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Just to let you guys know we just atarted doing two tone wires also.

Example : Red/blue/black/yellow wire with our chrome heat shield on top. This give the ignition wire a cool two tone effect. At this time no one else has this on the market!

This is a example of a blue 9mm wire with chrome heat shield

Last edited by Maldo; 11-13-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maldo
Just to let you guys know we just atarted doing two tone wires also.

Example : Red/blue/black/yellow wire with our chrome heat shield on top. This give the ignition wire a cool two tone effect. At this time no one else has this on the market!

This is a example of a blue 9mm wire with chrome heat shield

um, I think I am in love. That looks HOT! Does it cost more? Is it already up on your website for sale? I am making my christmas wish list, and I don't want anyone to buy me the wrong wires, so I want to find out more. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:40 PM

um, I think I am in love. That looks HOT! Does it cost more? Is it already up on your website for sale? I am making my christmas wish list, and I don't want anyone to buy me the wrong wires, so I want to find out more. Thanks!

nope same price

Quick Reply: elitesparkplugs.com wires