LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Dude, need some serious help here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned

Dude, need some serious help here...

Yeah, my automatic '95 Z28 was driving fine. I took off from a red light pretty quick, whatever. Then when I stop at the next light it seems like it's starting to bog down. I'd have it in gear the RPMs would go up a little but the car really wouldn't move. Once the RPMs got a little higher the car started to move. Did this all the way home. Each time I stopped it did the same thing. Almost like it was going to die. But once I got into a higher gear it seemed to accelerate just fine. For curiousity's sake, I shifted to 1st and gave it some gas, didn't do anything until a few seconds later when it jerked forward. Input please, thanks.

Last edited by warwickbass; 04-08-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:48 PM

M6 or A4
Old 04-08-2004, 06:49 PM

When was the last time you had a tune up? How many miles you got? Could be a lot of things...opti, plugs, wires, coil, clogged fuel filter. Its always best to go from cheapest first.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:52 PM

I have the same low rpm boggin, I have done plugs and fuel filter so far. That fixed it for a week then it started doing it again. This weekend its wires. Good Luck. Sounds like ignition same as mine. Like he said start cheap, plugs and fuel filter then move onto Wires and Opti.

-Dustin-
Old 04-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Banned

I said it's an automatic. I bought this in December. The previous owner had all the plugs and **** changed. I think it was running hot. Hmm..I hear some like grinding, clanking at one point.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bersaglieri
I have the same low rpm boggin, I have done plugs and fuel filter so far. That fixed it for a week then it started doing it again. This weekend its wires. Good Luck. Sounds like ignition same as mine. Like he said start cheap, plugs and fuel filter then move onto Wires and Opti.

-Dustin-
Yeah, this was the first time it's done it.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Banned

I shifted to 1st and gave it some gas, didn't do anything until a few seconds later when it jerked forward.

What would make it do that?
Old 04-08-2004, 07:13 PM

perhaps your transmission is dying. sounds like what a clutch does when its about ready to die, and thats all the auto is, a bunch of clutches.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:14 PM

Mine does that to...its like the tranny doesnt engage right...When I try to accelerate, it skips beats through the RPM range. I am guessing here but maybe its a broken wire core and the spark is jumping across at certain times. Thats why I am trying wires next.

But I have a miss...

-Dustin-
Old 04-08-2004, 07:15 PM

tranny has enough tranny fuild?
Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Banned

I was thinking that first might be going out, but the previous owner had the transmission rebuilt last March. I'll check the fluid. Broken wire core?
Old 04-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Banned

I don't think it's anything with the engine. I just went outside and revved it pretty high. Did it perfectly.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:42 PM

Like I said sounds like mine cept I have a miss, and when the miss disappeared for a weak, so did everything else under load. Try the "cheaper than new tranny" stuff first. Also new tranny fluid and filter never hurts just to make sure.

-Dustin-
Old 04-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bersaglieri
Like I said sounds like mine cept I have a miss, and when the miss disappeared for a weak, so did everything else under load. Try the "cheaper than new tranny" stuff first. Also new tranny fluid and filter never hurts just to make sure.

-Dustin-
The engine runs perfect. I do think it's the transmission not engaging properly.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:00 PM

can I ask you what grade gas you using.

.and then..

is you car programed with HPP+??

if so..It happened to my car..the same thing..I had my HPP+ programed and ran 89 octane..and it did that...same as you stated....burn some 93 or better gas through it and get rid of the programming for a week or soo..

Quick Reply: Dude, need some serious help here...