LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Don tlike how the cars fron lifts up when you punch it!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 01:21 AM

Don tlike how the cars fron lifts up when you punch it!

Hey, I have an a4 z28 and when I punch the gas theres a little pause (the a4 is downshifting) and when it does the fron of the car rises up and it feels like a roller coaster ride.......

That is a very ghetto feeling, alot of you may disagree and think it a awesome feeling but I dont. I dont like how the front of my car lifts up.

People say the cneter of gravity has to be in the middle and bla bla bla, lets ge to the point here, how can I get rid of this.... A torque arm? or will that make it worse?

I like how all the luxury sports cars like vettes, m3's, and even amg's focus all their energy in the rear and it looks so smooth and their hood doesnt rise like a ghetto muscle car. I want the car to be very smooth and quick. Please help me!
Old 06-08-2003, 01:26 AM

Um, yeah. A supra with 500 hp will do the same. Go to racingflix.com and dl the big supra video. I think you can upgrade your suspension, shocks and springs and everything else, but the car has a good amount of power, because of weight distribution(i think thats it) power shifts from the front of the car, to the rear, hence the "lifting". Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:33 AM

But when I drove my friends bmw m3, it didnt feel like that at all, it was very stable/smooth/quick when I floored it it was perfectly straight and i went very quick, I also drove a vette and it was kinda the same
Old 06-08-2003, 01:41 AM

upgrade your suspension, shocks and springs and everything else
I think Eibach, and Blistein(not sure of spelling) make suspension kits for our car, also check out BMR. It' all about the suspension baby.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:06 AM

Just lower the **** outta the car then. Lowering=hardly any weight transfer=nose staying down=blowing tires off.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:35 AM

Sounds to me like you're in the wrong hobby then. Get a luxury car or a limousine of you don't like the front of your car to lift!
Old 06-08-2003, 02:45 AM

Cool

I'll trade ya, mine just spins when i get in it

-Shannon
Old 06-08-2003, 03:31 AM

lowering springs, stiff *** suspension, etc (1LE in my case)..and how could you NOT like weight transfer? its sweeeet...my car doesnt have nearly enough of it cuz its built more for road racing/ autoXing, it almost pisses me off at times that i cant get the hood reachin enough when i get on it
Old 06-08-2003, 07:01 AM

What you are mostly feeling is probably worn shocks. Get some 1LE springs and Bilstein shocks. The car won't be any lower and it will be much stiffer and flatter. Figure around $150-200 for the springs and $300-350 for the shocks. It will still squat with Eibach lowering springs since the rear spring rates are nearly as low as stock. The 1LE rears are much stiffer.

Last edited by RichJ; 06-08-2003 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by Dave88LX
Sounds to me like you're in the wrong hobby then. Get a luxury car or a limousine of you don't like the front of your car to lift!
Bingo! You can always get a civic or something, with them being front will drive and having no HP, you will never feel the front end come up!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by GreenbeanZ28
Just lower the **** outta the car then. Lowering=hardly any weight transfer=nose staying down=blowing tires off.
Boy is this true. I had my car lowered and it sucked. Cant really remember if the front lifted up any but it probably didnt. But I know the weight transfer was aweful and I had a major loss of traction.

Later I raised the car back up and ditched the front sway bar so that it would raise up.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:34 AM

I don't like that feeling either, but I like the weight transfer so I get good traction more.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:51 AM

New shocks and a BMR panhard rod took care of this situation on my car. When I used to punch it, my car used to do a wicked fishtail and I would have to make major adjustments with the wheel to keep it in the lane. Now there is just a little twitch and it stays straight and in the lane.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:01 PM

your driving the wrong car then my friend. An f-body is nothing like an m3 or a vette and are very hard to make like one. These cars have their own charachteristics in my opinion and it just happens to be that these are musclecars not touring cars (m3) or autocross cars (vette). Also remember that vettes and m3's weight distribution is a lot better then ours so take that for what its worth.
Old 06-08-2003, 01:11 PM

A Vette's nose doesn't raise when you floor it???? Have you ever watched a vette when it was being floored? Both of my dad's vettes lift the front up when you give it gas. Unless they have been dropped to the max they will. There has to be some weight transfer or you'll see your tires go up in smoke. Vipers also do the same. I've seen vipers at the track and all of them lifted the front a little.

Quick Reply: Don tlike how the cars fron lifts up when you punch it!