LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

CMotorsports Spring Set Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 06:54 PM

CMotorsports Spring Set Impressions

I figured some people out there might be wondering. I have to get back to some class work so I'll try to make this quick

I recieved my full spring set from Seth at CMotorsports. Since I was considering throwing in some new Crane springs while the car is apart again, I decided to buy the whole shebang from CM. It didn't hurt that he cut me a hell of deal since I was to get one of the free samples. If these springs live up to my expectations I think they will have a winner. The springs and dampeners appear to be of good quality and I love the retainers. The chrome moly retainers are amazingly light thanks to the whole spring package's relatively small size. Since these are cheaper, fit properly, and are much lighter than the Crane setup I'm really hoping they perform well. According to Seth they are good for up to .600" of valve lift and provide 130 pounds of pressure at 1.8" installed height, they should work perfectly for most cams we run.

To really show off CMotorsports also wetted my appetite with samples of some other hardware. A single piece pushrod which appears to be as good of quality as my CompCams Hi-Tech pieces, a titanium retainer, dual valve spring, and rocker arm stud. These all look like fantastic pieces of hardware for the money they are asking. If they keep it up I can see this company going far.

Did I mention the customer service

The only downside is I won't be able to road test these for quite some time thanks to work and school. Hopefully some others will chime in with their experiences.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:16 PM

I will provide some pics of this stuff. I was going to do this anyway and here is a good opportunity.

spring stud and guideplate The spring in this pic is an oversize one that would require head work to install.

spring set This is the set Buttercup refers to that needs no head work to install.

spring close up 1

spring close up 2

Don't have a pushrod.

I will be installing this stuff and a cam in the near future. I am currently gathering tools and stuff that I will need.

Last edited by shoebox; 02-12-2003 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Texas Moderator (1998-2009)

I just got a full valvetrain set from Seth.... (new valves, cam, valvesprings, tit. retainers, 10* locks and spring seats) Not sure what my valve springs are - but they're good to .690 lift or thereabouts.

Just got the car up and running today - will be putting some miles on it tomorrow and then dynoing on friday... Then some ET's to come on sat .

Seth and everyone else I've dealt w/ over there is awesome!