LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Brent, somebody else selling your ideas!!

Old 01-21-2003, 05:51 PM

Brent, somebody else selling your ideas!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10368

This is a link to an eBay auction that's selling the sequential tail light plans. $13 at that!! Just for the plans, parts list, and pictures. All of which, Brent, our super LT1 Tech Admin, provides for free. And...doesn't the kit you HAVE to buy come with all this info?

I'm gonna watch it, and email anyone that unluckily bids on this.

It would be REALLY sick if the pics were those of Brents car!

Anyways...thought I'd drop this along.

DJ
Old 01-21-2003, 06:04 PM

People are always trying to rip shi*t off his site and sell it on ebay.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:10 PM

Yea, I've seen all the other stuff, !TB, !CAGS, etc etc. First time I saw this one. Sad people are always trying to rip people off.

DJ
Old 01-21-2003, 07:33 PM

you think you could post up the link with the parts and how to make the sequential tail lights, thanks a lot
Old 01-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

I actually didn't come up with the sequential tail lights. A guy named Damion did. He emailed me a long time ago and was impressed with my guides and asked if I would make him up one for installing his sequential tail lights because he said he was no good at stuff like that I happily did this for him but can't take credit for the idea!

What amazes me is instead of saying in his auction that this will only work on the 96 SS he says "Chevy Camaro SS Sequential Taillights Plans" then buried in the body he mentions to make sure your brake and signal lights use the same bulbs. What he should have said is use the same circuit because that is what matters.

Also, I don't like to jump to conclusions. While I have seen a number of things I've made out there where others claim it as their own, I haven't seen this guy's stuff. He might not even know that I exist and took all his own pictures and wrote his own instructions? I tend to give the benefit of the doubt until I find out differently. But, it would be interesting to see what his instructions look like. I have tried to buy stuff off eBay before and amazingly enough, I never received what I bought... probably recognized my username. LOL!
Old 01-22-2003, 08:14 PM

thanks

thanks a lot brent, also like to thank you for the headlight gear, worked like a charm, but my lid doesnt close totally. There is like a 1/8" gap, is there a way to adjust it??
Old 01-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: thanks

Originally posted by StangInRearView
thanks a lot brent, also like to thank you for the headlight gear, worked like a charm, but my lid doesnt close totally. There is like a 1/8" gap, is there a way to adjust it??
Sounds like something is binding. The gear won't cause it to stop short by 1/8"

Take a look and make sure you have the raise/lower arm on the correct side of the stop (compare it to the other side). Also, make sure the top cover and/or trim piece aren't binding or hitting on something causing it to stop!

Email me if you have any other questions!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:30 AM

Props to Brent

I just wanted to throw in here... Brent I finally installed those new gears in my lights and LOVE them! quiet, strong, smooth. Everything I always wanted and very high quality. I actually had to buff some light surface rust off of the clip to make them fit into the gears - that's how good the tolerances were. First class job and thanks again!

I have one question for you... can you steer me to someone who can give me good advice on cam selection for a 396? I have some power issues (not making enough) and think that may be the problem. PM me or email me at markspotter@ev1.net.

many thanks!
Mark