LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Billet Dynaspark Distributor

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM

While I hadn’t heard of this until after I had already bought my conversion kit (from 94 to 96+, which I might add cost me just as much from NuTek including the timing cover & electric water pump & timing set & opti & all converstion electronics!), I wish I had bought yours . And speaking of that, I know one day my current opti will go away and I will need a replacement, and for that I hope you are still making them, because when that day comes, if you are still making them, you will have a definite sale here!

I guarantee this thing is on my Christmas wish list!

I will feel like I missed out if you stop making them and I don’t get a chance to own one!

Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It! Please Keep Making It!

For Me It's Not About Price. It's About Doing it Right! And I havent Seen Any Better Way! IMOP

Last edited by EvlViln; 05-27-2003 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:35 PM

a question -

are you marketing this solely for F body and Corvette owners?

I know of Caprice\Roadmaster\Fleetwood owners who would like such a unit.

if it's the sales numbers that drive the production, try hitting the Impala SS & Caprice 9C1 boards. I bet you'll pick up some interest there.

also, as said before, if you lower the price, people will snap them up, and even if you lose a little money at first, it's a great promotional tool for exposure to your company.

(ie, loss-leader as used by some marketing companies)

and I want one, so build it! (a Gen I please)
Old 05-27-2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by treyZ28
my two pieces of mispelled copper-

edit:
also a lot of morons just dont install it correctly and that causes problems. Make it flush BEFORE tightening the bolts!
please dont tell me people have done that!? thats ignorant!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:49 PM

I agree with Shoebox. Make is so its NOT an opti. Here's my take. My opti has not gone out yet, thank goodness. However, I am also paranoid that it will, so my engine bay hasn't been cleaned; ever. If I were a normal person, I would go to the car wash, pressure wash the hell out of it, and wala, new opti time. A point that has been made, but needs to be brought up again; they put LT1s in boats! In WATER! Why not try and make use of the opti cover and brackets to use a coil per cylinder? If I remember correctly, the LTCC still uses part of the opti, the optical part in particular. I'd try and eliminate the opti altogether but keep the stock ecu.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:08 PM

I think it boils down to this. Everyone on the board likes it, we all want it and were all impressed with it. Your price scares us off faster then some of us lay 60ft times.

Since you took such a big risk with making this product why not take one more risk of lowering the price and see how much more business you'll end up doing. I promise you that i'll be a buyer if your price hits the 250 to 300 range. Thanx...

Btw bunker is going to post alot of useless info.

Last edited by NiteRider; 05-27-2003 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:09 PM

question, how often does the optical section go? ussually you replace the cap & rotor & the opti is fine for another 50k + miles, when the optical section goes wrong, the problem you ussually see is the contract become green where the harness plugs into, why? Because of improper venting & the gasses produced due to the high voltage spark (ozone gets created) gets onto the optical contacts & kills the optical section, but most of the time you take it out, clean the contacts & its great once again. Now imagine taking the high voltage part away completely? thats what the LTCC does, then the OPTI becomes just a cam position sensor & will never corrode because it has no high voltage ozone in it, now it doesn't even need venting, but venting makes it even greater now! Get an electric water pump & you completely cap the rear of the water pump so it could never leak on the opti.

Problem solved.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:11 PM

And here I am twisting 7600 rpm with a 4 year old opti i ran religiously above 6500 with a 93-94 stocker unit... opti isnt as bad as they are made out to be and very accurate as far as ignition timing.. other than the moisture problem IMHO I wouldnt run anything else..tell you what, you guys make one for the 93-94 let me know I 'll run it and put it to the test..the coilpack conversion and all the ying yang that goes along with it I dont need or care to have any more congestion than what i have under the hood..but thats just me I guess
Old 05-29-2003, 12:35 PM

Maybe better marketing would also help your cause. I have two built lt-1 cars and this is the first I've ever heard of your product. This actually sounds like something I would consider purchasing. Does anyone know where I can learn more about it? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:29 PM

I did mine recently as well. I frequent a few boards and this is the first i have heard of your product. I did get mine through Dal and was pleased to have saved the money. I personally would not be to worried about gaining performance over an oe unit, but if you could get me better durability and i would also like to be able to wash my engine bay safely. If i could have those 2 features i would pay a little more, so i would say $400 would interest me, but i would not pay $600.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:14 PM

i realize it is advertised to have increased duribility, but by how much? if this dynaspark is capable of withstanding us guys who like to powerwash the engine compartment and still last the life of the car then yeah it's probably worth paying double what we would normally pay. if it is so good that i can run it 70000mi on my stock engine and then another 100000mi on my rebuilt, high revving high output motor in a year or so then this thing is a miracle!
is that what kind of product this is? i would like to see some more information on it, but it seems like a great product that would sell like crazy for $400.
i also agree with the idea of selling a "bolt-on kit" opti-eliminator. even if it is $800, in a couple years when i build my lt1 up, this would be an attractive product.
i respect the fact that you have came to the consumers for their opinion. now we will see what you can do with opinion.
keep up the good work, i think this company has alot of potential.

Michael.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:15 PM

Cool

I am intrigued by your product being rebuildable as is stated on your web site. I've heard it lamented more than once on this board about the optical sensor not being replaceable. That a whole new opti is needed when the sensor fails. I also noted that your site states that it has good high rpm capability which I also like the sound of. Though I don't see my needs surpassing 6500. The one thing I didn't readily gleen from your web site is if your opti is more potent than the stocker. The combination of higher durability and dependability, complete rebuildability, and more spark potentcy would make it worth $600.00 to me. For $400.00 or even $450.00 I'd buy it in a heart beat. I also have been intrigued by the notion of LTCC'ing my LT1. But the cleanness of remaining with a much improved opti with the desirable features I stated previously is more desirable than the LTCC option.

--James
Old 05-29-2003, 03:20 PM

Please continue to produce this fine product. I've read about your dynaspark for some time now, and every week when I take the family cow to market I keep back a few of the beans I get, and soon I hope to have enough to purchase one of these. A lot of folks whine about the lack of support for the LT1's, yet when there is someone actually building something for it they get a lot of flak... I don't understand it, it seems to me that we should be supporting these guys efforts... Does it cost too much, well, let me see, how much do headers cost over the stock manifold? how much does the cat back cost over the stock system? Just to name two things out of many, I realize this is flame material, after all, the afore mentioned 'created more power', still we were replacing perfectly good (for 90K) parts...

Eric in St Louis
Old 05-29-2003, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by MPM IV
Maybe better marketing would also help your cause. I have two built lt-1 cars and this is the first I've ever heard of your product. This actually sounds like something I would consider purchasing. Does anyone know where I can learn more about it? Thanks.
http://www.dynotech-eng.com/dynaspark.htm
Old 05-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Banned

make it easily changable

ps-
Rob, somoene is rant on about you in the lounge claiming you are the new messiah. check it out. All signs point to him wacking it to one of your "part numbers" as well
Old 05-29-2003, 04:10 PM

I just took a look at the website and I'll be buying one for my car here pretty soon but would buy it now if the price was cheaper. $600 is not a lot of money when you are buying a quality product like the dynaspark. It is not just the optispark either. You are getting the wiring harness as well which is at least $85 from a dealer and I got the discount. I only wish it was available last year because I would have already had one on my car. But $500 would be a more reasonable price for most. Please keep making it ,but from a marketing standpoint the benefits must outweigh the costs of the unit. For example, you should provide very detailed pictures and descriptions on your website of exactly what you did...like you were talking to one of your R+D engineers. Like said above you should be marketing this product to all of the vehicles that use the optispark and YOU NEED MORE ADVERTISING AND EXPOSURE. there is an old marketing saying that says that you have to advertise no matter what....either when you are in business or when you are going out of business. You might want to find who your target market is and focus your advertising on that segment. I think that this product will mostly appeal to the people who majorly modify there cars or the people with more money such as in the Corvette segment. This product will not fair well to the people who have a mostly stock car because they do not care about the quality as much and would be happy with the stock opti's performance. Please keep making the product and provide more details on your website. I would not be interested in a damn clutter of 8 coilpacks under my hood. I just want something that is more reliable and dependable than what I have available to me now and love the fact that it is completely rebuildable. For those that say that they would rather replace the opti 2 times in 100k instead of buying this product than your time must not be too valuable. You spend $200 (if you are internet savy and know where to get these deals) for your opti and coolant,etc...$400 if you have to do it twice...not including your time that you waisted due to a lesser quality product. I would rather be on vacation, racing or cruising my car in my free time. No flames intended in my posts, only suggestions.

Later
Matt

Quick Reply: Billet Dynaspark Distributor