LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Better head/cam combo: Lloyd Elliot or Combination Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 AM

Better head/cam combo: Lloyd Elliot or Combination Motorsports

I m in the US Army currently in Iraq and have a few dollars to spend. I was wondering who has the better combo package. My little mods are listed below. I appreciate the help and hopefuly these 2 vendors will chime in. I would like this to be a powerful street car since I do travel from base to base.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:22 AM

Re: Better head/cam combo: Lloyd Elliot or Combination Motorsports

If you have no emmsions worries the Comb. will cost more then llyold but will put out more power..
Old 04-26-2005, 08:28 AM

I have never bought anything from either but I would highly recommend Lloyd to anyone. I have talked to him several times and he know what he's doing. You can't buy a set of aftermarket heads for the price of his kits. I will have him work my combination of a blown 355 when it comes time.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:33 AM

Kinda off topic, but have you concidered Ai. Did my research and narrowed it down to Lloyd or Ai and I went with Ai, but you won't go wrong with either one. They both are great to work with.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Coop1
I m in the US Army currently in Iraq and have a few dollars to spend. I was wondering who has the better combo package. My little mods are listed below. I appreciate the help and hopefuly these 2 vendors will chime in. I would like this to be a powerful street car since I do travel from base to base.

I have been reading this board and keeping track of such things for quite some time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you could choose any of those three; A.I., C.M., or L.E. and be quite happy with your results.

You might be happier if you decided what your overall plans are in terms of farming out your work. One particular shop may be better suited to your game plan than another.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 AM

Threads like this usually do nothing except turn good vendors/loyal customers against each other. My advise would be to e-mail/call both vendors get their thoughts/prices/deadlines, then use the search function, then PM a couple of their past customers, then decide what works best for you.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by LT4POWR
Threads like this usually do nothing except turn good vendors/loyal customers against each other. My advise would be to e-mail/call both vendors get their thoughts/prices/deadlines, then use the search function, then PM a couple of their past customers, then decide what works best for you.

That is probably one of the best posts I've seen made here.

Do what he said!

-Sean
Old 04-26-2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by LT4POWR
Agreed. That's the first thing that came to my mind as soon as I saw the title. See it all the time and I think it's BS. They all make quality products that I'm sure you'll be happy with.

Pick one dude.