LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Back from the track, LE times: 11.37 @ 118.9 in an automatic ;)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:27 AM

Thumbs up

Holy sh*t Javier. Big congrats to you. I am truely jealous now. Remind me what it feels like to put time and effort and not to mention cash into going faster then actually being happy with the output. Feels good don't it? I have always wanted to try a Yank in my car. The Vig3200 is a great converter but I have seen LT1's with the Yank 3500's move out with some tremendous trap speeds. That Yank 4000 sure seems to pull you through nicely. But that new motor combo shouldn't be downplayed behind the trans and converter. 355 is a tough little horse and with the LE package it is that much more stout. Did you have anyone recomend the Yank4000 for your package? Also how does the car run cruisin around town? Is it still an enjoyable car? That is one thing I am not happy about. My car is not fun to drive anymore on the street. Love it at WOT but just to cruise, I'd rather keep it in the garage...

Congrats once again to ya kid. You deserve it. You been playing this game for quite awhile now.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Smokn '94 Z
Holy sh*t Javier. Big congrats to you. I am truely jealous now. Remind me what it feels like to put time and effort and not to mention cash into going faster then actually being happy with the output. Feels good don't it? I have always wanted to try a Yank in my car. The Vig3200 is a great converter but I have seen LT1's with the Yank 3500's move out with some tremendous trap speeds. That Yank 4000 sure seems to pull you through nicely. But that new motor combo shouldn't be downplayed behind the trans and converter. 355 is a tough little horse and with the LE package it is that much more stout. Did you have anyone recomend the Yank4000 for your package? Also how does the car run cruisin around town? Is it still an enjoyable car? That is one thing I am not happy about. My car is not fun to drive anymore on the street. Love it at WOT but just to cruise, I'd rather keep it in the garage...

Congrats once again to ya kid. You deserve it. You been playing this game for quite awhile now.

I'm actually curious to know too. I have a crappy midwest 2800 converter that i feel is holding me back some, i'd like to upgrade converters to something in the 3500 or so range from Yank.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:22 PM

Congrats on the times. Im waiting to save up and get an LE/Bauer setup as well. Your #'s make me that much more excited!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Good job and you can defiantely 60' low 1.5's and once you work on the car a little, I don't see 1.4's being a probelm since I ran a 1.46 60' with my LE headed 355, with 3.42 gears and 26" ET streets. I also run my best 60's with my ET street radials @ 14-15psi. I am finishing up my LE3 heads/cam setup and should have some numbers in April. Goodluck b/c it can only get better with some runs on the car. Later Clint
Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM

very very impressive!

beats my ol' 383!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:28 PM

Congrats man!! My intake goes on in the morning, hopefully I'll start pulling my old motor out this weekend. You've just inspired me to get to work
Old 03-23-2007, 10:38 PM

Congrats! Let's get some suspension on the car and weight out!

And to add to the stall, all of my best 60's were from off idle with the A4 or TH350. Could be the TCs like that better, that was with both Yank and Vigilante.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Smokn '94 Z
That Yank 4000 sure seems to pull you through nicely. But that new motor combo shouldn't be downplayed behind the trans and converter. 355 is a tough little horse and with the LE package it is that much more stout. Did you have anyone recomend the Yank4000 for your package? Also how does the car run cruisin around town? Is it still an enjoyable car? That is one thing I am not happy about. My car is not fun to drive anymore on the street. Love it at WOT but just to cruise, I'd rather keep it in the garage...

Thanks man, it's been a long road, especially this year. But I think I got it together successfully rather quickly!

I saw more fast cars on LS1tech running Yanks over anything else, and few people here running Yanks, so I gave it a shot. When I spoke to Dave over @ Yank he recommended the PT4000 (pro thruster) for my N/A needs. I'm gonna try to make a video of "around town" driving so you guys can see what it's like a little better. It's hard to describe, but the car still has forward momentum at idle, and as one would expect takes a little more goosing when driving around town, but you can keep the revs a hair under 2800 RPM and still keep up with "brisk" traffic.

Originally Posted by T/A lt1
Good job and you can defiantely 60' low 1.5's and once you work on the car a little, I don't see 1.4's being a probelm since I ran a 1.46 60' with my LE headed 355, with 3.42 gears and 26" ET streets. I also run my best 60's with my ET street radials @ 14-15psi. I am finishing up my LE3 heads/cam setup and should have some numbers in April. Goodluck b/c it can only get better with some runs on the car. Later Clint
Yep, I'll keep workin' on those 60's. I'll tinker w/ air pressure and launches as I go on.

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Congrats! Let's get some suspension on the car and weight out!

And to add to the stall, all of my best 60's were from off idle with the A4 or TH350. Could be the TCs like that better, that was with both Yank and Vigilante.
Thanks dude, told ya this car would hit some good numbers! Suspension, TB, and dynotune are on the list for this thing. I'm not sure how much weight I'll pull out though, she's too purty to be tearing apart, you should see her in person.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:21 PM

I asked in an earlier post but you may have missed it. What rpm does it shift at? I still can't get over that you're running a stock tb
Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM

Hope my LE2 setup will run as nice as yours!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:21 PM

don't let em get to ya man. My shake down runs were 12.2s...fixed a few things with a low rpm studder and went 11.8s. No changes to the motor just suspension/gears/tunng/lots of other thing but not touching the motor got me n the 10.9s. Congrats man and keep at it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 PM

yes you did!!

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Thanks dude, told ya this car would hit some good numbers! Suspension, TB, and dynotune are on the list for this thing. I'm not sure how much weight I'll pull out though, she's too purty to be tearing apart, you should see her in person.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by 96flame
I asked in an earlier post but you may have missed it. What rpm does it shift at? I still can't get over that you're running a stock tb
Not only am I running stock TB, I'm still running those TR7 equivalent plugs that Lloyd originally recommened. I'm backing off to Autolite 104's when I get a chance.

The car is set to shift at 6800 RPM.

Originally Posted by 95Bird
don't let em get to ya man. My shake down runs were 12.2s...fixed a few things with a low rpm studder and went 11.8s. No changes to the motor just suspension/gears/tunng/lots of other thing but not touching the motor got me n the 10.9s. Congrats man and keep at it.
Don't worry man, noone get to me as happy as I am with my times Your tweaking and time dropping is an inspiration though.. thanks!

Originally Posted by z28_theantirice
Hope my LE2 setup will run as nice as yours!
Good luck, and I responded to your post on tech!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:00 PM

Very possible by going w/ a 58mm you could gain a couple mph.

Good ****, son.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Congrats dude.

Quick Reply: Back from the track, LE times: 11.37 @ 118.9 in an automatic ;)