LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Anyone w/ Pacesetter LTs & True Duals..???

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 08:30 PM

Anyone w/ Pacesetter LTs & True Duals..???

as the thread says, i want to know who is running them, and how the power gains are. of course the sound is important as with all exhaust systems.
pacesetter got a bad name for themselves with their shorty headers being so bad, but i think they have redeemed themselves with their LT...anyone agree or disagree?

i am currently running edlebrock shorty headers on a cam/head LT1. would it be wise to upgrade to a pacesetter LT, or any LT for that matter--- let alone true duals? i know this is an age hold question, but i figured i'd toss that out in case anyone has done this specific conversion and can vouch for any gains (or losses, hopefully not) when going from shorty-->LT.

SOUNDS CLIPS and VIDEOS are all the better, include those is possible!

thanks,
BRIAN
Old 04-19-2004, 08:36 PM

I would say you definately should go with longtubes, no matter what brand. It would definately benefit you more than the shorties...
Old 04-20-2004, 03:28 AM

who else likes pacesetters and why? i saw brent did a photo comparison between hookers and pacesetters and hookers dont seem to be as good as pacesetters!!

a header is a header for the most part. pacesetter is faulted at time for not quite being an equal length header....but then again they use better metal supposedly and have better dimples for installation. every little bit helps i suppose.

anyone else?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:51 AM

I can't decide how I feel about PaceSetters. When they first came out, they were being heavily criticized for being junk. I have only seen the collector piece in person of these headers and can't really tell much by that. People were saying they were crap and the quality/craftsmenship was terrible. Lately, people have been praising them. So I don't know. I'm just gonna save my money on Jet-Hots...the only complaints I have heard about those are installation, which is gonna be a pain w/ any set of LT's.

I have shorties and dual Bullets. Don't listen to people when they say that shorties are nothing. They may not be as good as LT's but they aren't crap. The only reason I bought these were b/c they were in great shape and coated by Jet-Hot already. SLP coated shorties for $250 shipped. I couldn't pass that up. Anywho, yeah, you'll see more of a gain with LT's, but don't let people tell you that shorties are crap, cause I definitely felt a good difference.